Equipment Manager - Ice Hockey
Equipment Manager - Ice Hockey Job no: 500637
Position type: Staff Full Time
Benefit Status: Benefited-Non-Union
Campus: UMass Lowell
Department: Athletic Programs
Salary: Salary commensurate with experience and grade/range
Applications Open: May 16 2019
General Summary of Position:
The Equipment Manager – Ice Hockey reports directly to the Head Hockey Coach. The Equipment Manager – Ice Hockey is responsible for the oversight of the Ice Hockey Equipment Management, management of equipment budget for the Hockey Department Staff and the supervision of student staff.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Perform Daily Equipment Management Duties
• Responsible for ordering ice hockey team equipment and establishing processes to receive and examine stock to verify conformance to specifications and invoices.
• Serve as the primary liaison to apparel and equipment suppliers for the ice hockey team.
• Manage inventory and develop effective equipment distribution and return procedures. Assist in budgeting process to forecast needs of future equipment purchases for the ice hockey team.
• Ensure proper NCAA Rules for equipment management are followed.
• Oversees the proper daily maintenance of ice hockey equipment to include laundry and storage of practice and game uniforms.
2. Oversee Ice Hockey Equipment Budget:
• Manage and oversee all aspects of ice hockey team equipment budget and ensure fiscal responsibility.
• Responsible for developing budget proposal for annual budget process.
• Produces equipment bids/proposals for submission to the Athletic Department Business office
3. Responsible for the scheduling equipment services:
• Oversee the scheduling of hockey practice times.
• Management of team laundry services and responsibility for oversight of area.
4. Supervise Ice Hockey Student staff:
• Supervises multiple work student students
• Assigns duties and responsibilities to student workers
• Develops student worker schedules ensuring office operations needs are met
• Provides training to student workers. 15%
Promote the University’s commitment to customer service by:
• Building effective partnerships with co-workers throughout the University by freely sharing appropriate information and providing assistance when needed.
• Ensuring optimum service to all internal and external partners in response to all requests for service and information.
Maintaining an environment that is welcoming to persons of all backgrounds, nationalities, and roles.
OTHER JOB DUTIES:
1. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Nights and weekends are required
Attendance at some campus events is expected
Requires travel, including overnight stays
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Bachelors degree
- 1-3 years’ experience in an athletic equipment setting, with hockey equipment and team management
- Must have excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and work within a team environment
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of NCAA Division I rules, practices, policies, philosophy and procedures
Additional Considerations:• Previous experience working with college/professional sports teams/programs
• Sound organizational and effective management skills
• Good interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with student-athletes, coaches, athletic administration, campus faculty and staff, league office and coaching staffs of other college and universities
• Skate Sharpening Skills
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Only Internal Professional (SEIU 888 Professional Union) Bargaining candidates will be considered during the first 10 business days of the posting. All other candidates will be considered after that period.
A job offer for this position is contingent upon a satisfactory response to a Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) check and review.
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications are received.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required during the application process.