Associate/Assistant Athletic Director for Compliance
Associate/Assistant Athletic Director for Compliance Job no: 500639
Position type: Staff Full Time
Benefit Status: Benefited-Non-Union
Campus: UMass Lowell
Department: Athletic Programs
Salary: Salary commensurate with experience and grade/range
Applications Open: May 16 2019
General Summary of Position:
Under the direction of the Sr. Associate Athletics Director/SWA, the Assistant Athletic Director for Compliance will oversee a comprehensive Division I compliance program within NCAA Bylaws, America East, Hockey East, and University policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Responsible for all aspects of implementing a comprehensive NCAA Division I compliance program and developing the athletic department’s policies and procedures pertaining to rules compliance.
2. Insure institutional compliance with all NCAA, America East and Hockey East guidelines and rules; Develop and maintain a rules education program for student-athletes, coaches, university staff and boosters on NCAA rules and regulations with particular attention to recruiting rules, eligibility requirements, and extra benefits legislation.
3. Work with the Admissions Office, Financial Aid Office and Registrar’s Office as the athletic department’s liaison for NCAA research, documents and decision making.
4. Oversee the details and preparation of institutional, NCAA, America East and Hockey East reports.
5. Additional responsibilities related to social media, technology and department website and software.
Promote the University’s commitment to customer service by:
• Build effective partnerships with co-workers throughout the University by freely sharing appropriate information and providing assistance when needed.
• Ensuring optimum service to all internal and external partners in response to all requests for service and information.
• Maintaining an environment that is welcoming to persons of all backgrounds, nationalities, and roles.
Full compliance with all NCAA and conference rules and regulations is required. All employees must have a full understanding of applicable NCAA rules and participate in compliance workshops and meetings as requested. In the event there is reasonable cause to believe a violation has occurred, employees will report it in a timely manner to the director of athletics or his/her designee.
OTHER JOB DUTIES:
Performs other related duties as assigned.
Occasional nights and weekends are required.
Attendance at some campus events is expected.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- For Assistant AD level, will need to meet the minimum of Masters degree with at least 3 years experience in an NCAA Division I compliance program.
- For Associate AD level, will need to meet the minimum of Masters degree and at least 5 years in an NCAA Division I compliance program.
*JD will be considered the equivalent of a Masters degree.
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of NCAA Division I rules and regulations
- Experience working with Compliance Assistant (CA) and ARMS Compliance Software
- Experience working with Legislative Services Database for the internet (LSDBi)
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work with people in a fast paced and potentially hectic environment
- Experience supervising staff and/or management oversight
- Experience with RealRecruit web based program
- Experience working effectively in diverse environments
- Thorough understanding of special demands of the athletic environment with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with student-athletes, coaches, athletic department staff, boosters, University administration, faculty and surrounding community
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This is a benefited, non-unit position.
A job offer for this position is contingent upon a satisfactory response to a Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) check and review.
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications are received.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required during the application process.