IT Analyst Intermediate, Radiology Systems
Job location: Medical Center (Charlottesville, VA)
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-06-17
Under general direction provides support for clinical systems within Radiology and affiliated imaging departments. Analyzes user system and application needs; determine and evaluates alternative approaches; selects and implements the optimal solution to meet department operational needs. Provides direct application support for the update an maintenance of system configuration system setup and application tables involving Care stream PACS EPIC Mag view Hi-IQ etc. Considers all associated business processes operation l and industry requirements and related application/system functionality in decision process. Continues to enhance knowledge consistent with becoming a subject matter expert. At this level the individual has in-depth knowledge and is solving more complex problems with minimal guidance. The individual can work independently and may be a resource for lower level or newer team members.
- Understands most phases of clinical applications systems analysis and associated programming/configuration activities (involving Carestream PACS EPIC Magview Hi-IQ etc.) resulting in the ability to devise or modify procedures
- with direction to solve complex problems while taking into consideration software and workflow limitations.
- Installs maintains and modifies software applications and associated hardware throughout Radiology and affiliated imaging departments
- With direction serves as liaison between IT and user domains; user needs are reconciled with software capabilities to identify and implement the most appropriate software and/or hardware solution
- Maintains up-to-date working knowledge of systems
- Regularly provides guidance and training to less experienced analysts
- Trains Users- Maintains a working knowledge of applicable regulatory requirements and with direction modifies systems to comply
- Performs rotating and supplemental on-call.
- In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Experience: 3-5 years relevant experience
Job requires sitting and standing for prolonged periods. Proficient communicative, auditory and visual skills; Attention to detail and ability to write legibly.The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System and the University Physician’s Group are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.