Assistant/Associate Director of Development (Chicago) - Division of Intercollegiate Athletics (...
NOTICE OF POSITION VACANCY
University of Illinois
Division of Intercollegiate Athletics
Position: Assistant or Associate Director of Development (located in Chicago)
Twelve-month, 100% Athletic Services Basis Academic Professional Appointment
Primary Position Function: Secure financial private support for the Division of Intercollegiate Athletics (DIA). Responsible for planning and executing fundraising initiatives with a focus on Chicagoland.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Frontline Fundraising Activities / Initiatives
- Develop, implement and execute gift solicitation plans (new, renew, lapsed, season ticket holders, and young alumni) targeting alumni and friend constituents for I FUND scholarships, sport operational support, and major gifts.
- Plan and execute 20-25 face-to-face visits per month.
- Maintain a portfolio and achieve metric goals per Office of the Vice Chancellor for Institutional Advancement (OVCIA) and DIA parameters.
- Sell Premium Seating opportunities for Memorial Stadium/State Farm Center with portfolio and prospects.
- Serve as a key point of contact for all Loyalty Circle Chicago I FUND donors.
Travel / Events
- Serve as a host for donor activities at football and basketball games in Chicago and Champaign.
- Attend on-campus games and events with some overnight stay.
- Some overnight and out-of-state travel may be required, with the ability to work long hours and weekends.
- Collaborate on the development and management of the annual giving communication plan (direct mail, email, newsletters, phone, and social media) to all donors and prospects.
- Provide insight, direction, and collaboration in the on-going development and management of the annual fund marketing plan (web site, social media, print materials, and digital products) to share DIA message.
Business / Engagement
- Participate and support Chicago Athletics Advisory Board (CAAB) activities and make public relations/speaking appearances in the Chicago region representing the I FUND.
- In conjunction with the Donor Relations staff, develop and manage a consistent engagement/activity plan for constituents in the Chicago region.
- Create opportunities to engage with various groups in the Chicagoland area with an emphasis on young alumni.
- Maintain knowledge of and compliance with, specific NCAA, Big Ten Conference, and institution rules that relate to this position.
Position Requirements and Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree in sports administration, finance, business management, communications, or related fields.
A minimum of one to three years’ (Assistant Director of Development) or three to five years’ (Associate Director of Development) knowledge of the development process, corporate relations, and a strong understanding of issues facing intercollegiate athletics and athletics fundraising.Computer proficiency with the ability to work with large, complex databases such as Paciolan, Blackbaud, and Microsoft Office.
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications.
Starting Date: As soon as possible.
Applications and nominations will be accepted until all positions are filled, and review of applications will begin immediately. Interested candidates are encouraged to submit materials prior to June 12, 2019. Applications not submitted through http://jobs.illinois.edu will not be considered. Candidate must upload a letter of application and resume. Online application will require the names and contact information for three references. For further information regarding application procedures, contact: Bobbi Busboom, [email protected].
Interviews may take place prior to the closing date. All applications will be given full consideration. The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.College Name or Administrative Unit:Division of Intercollegiate Athletics Category:2-Administrative Title:Assistant/Associate Director of Development (Chicago) - Division of Intercollegiate Athletics (114722) Open Date:05/15/2019 Close Date:06/12/2019 Organization Name:Intercollegiate Athletics