Extension Information Technology Analyst (4-H) - University of Illinois Extension (114452)
Extension Information Technology Analyst (4-H)
College of Agricultural Consumer and Environmental Sciences
University of Illinois Extension
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The Extension Information Technology Analyst (4-H) serves as a regular, full time, 12-month position with primary responsibility for technology management best practices for statewide University of Illinois Extension information technology services as it relates to the mission of the State 4-H Office and 4-H Youth Development Program – including online systems management, electronic communications, events and end-user technology coordination and support. This position will also provide instructional/educational delivery systems to enhance the educational outreach mission of University of Illinois Extension 4-H program. .
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide front-line technical support to State 4-H Office staff and 4-H program field staff for desktop and mobile computing, productivity software, and internet connectivity.
- Coordinating technology needs and support for the Illinois State Fair and other 4-H events throughout the state, including occasional on-site support.
- Work with Extension IT staff to provide support and assistance to IT end-users over a wide geographic area.
- Provide analysis and feedback to Extension IT staff regarding suggestions for improvement/enhancement of network and computing infrastructure and processes.
- Contribute to Extension IT project team research in areas including training, video conferencing, mobile device management, telecommunications and off-site network connectivity.
- Provide management, support, training, develop queries and reports and decision-making analysis for enrollment and event registration systems (Illinois 4-H Online).
- Provide oversight and analysis of 4-H publication inventory control and distribution systems.
- Develop a professional development plan to regularly improve technical competencies.
- Comply with all University of Illinois Extension Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity policies and guidelines in all aspects of Extension work.
- Significant travel required. Personal transportation required. Flexible work hours required
- Assume additional related responsibilities to enhance the mission of the unit
Required Qualifications :
- Three year's experience in system and network administration, and/or desktop support.
- Demonstrated information technology training experience.
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Windows 10.
- Experience with typical desktop applications, including Microsoft Office, and internet browsers.
- Experience in software and hardware installation and troubleshooting.
- Bachelor’s degree.
(Successful Candidate will also have):
- Good communication skills (oral and written).
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of collaborative teams.
- Proven ability to learn new technologies and methods and adapt to a shifting environment.
- Proven ability to communicate technical material to both technical and non-technical users.
- Knowledge of purpose and mission of the College of Agricultural, Consumer and Environmental Sciences and University of Illinois Extension.
To perform the functions of this position, the employee will be required to perform work both within an office and outside in the communities that are served, and must have the capability to travel from one location to the other in a timely fashion. Employee is responsible for securing personal transportation. Some work will be required during evenings and/or weekends. When working, the employee may be exposed to a variety of environmental factors to include, but not limited to, hot or cold weather, exposure to noise and allergens, and uneven ground. In performing the functions of this position, the employee may be subjected to various mental and physical demands as well to include, but not limited to, independently traveling to and performing work at different locations, lifting and moving items that may occasionally weigh up to forty (40) pounds and frequently weigh up to twenty (20) pounds, and twisting, pushing and pulling movements.
SALARY AND APPOINTMENT INFORMATION:
This position is a full-time, Civil Service Information Technology Technical Associate position appointed on a 12-month service basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after the close date. Salary is commensurate with experience.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES AND DEADLINE INFORMATION:
Applications must be received by June 14, 2019. Apply for this position using the “Apply for Position” button. If you have not applied before, you must create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu. If you already have a profile, you will be redirected to that existing profile via email notification. To complete the application process:
Step 1) Submit the Staff Vacancy Application. Step 2) Submit the Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability forms. Step 3) Upload your cover letter, resume (months and years of employment must be included), and academic credentials (unofficial transcripts or diploma may be acceptable) and names/contact information for three references.
In order to be considered as a transfer candidate, you must apply for this position using the “Apply for Position” button. Applications not submitted through this website will not be considered. For further information about this specific position, contact Ashley Grilo ([email protected]). For questions about the application process, please contact 217-333-2137.
This is a security-sensitive position. Comprehensive background checks, including but not limited to a criminal conviction information check, a CANTS check, and a review of the Registered Sex Offender list, will be conducted.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO.College Name or Administrative Unit:ACES - Extension Category:8-Technical Title:Extension Information Technology Analyst (4-H) - University of Illinois Extension (114452) Open Date:05/17/2019 Close Date:06/14/2019 Organization Name:State 4H Ofc