Instructional Assistant II, Language Success Center (Part-Time)
Position DescriptionUnder general supervision, provides clerical support, coordinates the flow of students, and assists instructors and others in providing individualized instruction to students enrolled in the Student Success Center. Responsibilities Under general supervision and with general instructions:
- Registers students into credit and non-credit classes.
- Assists with intake and orientation of new students.
- Explains program offerings; explains college and program policies and procedures.
- Monitors and maintains student attendance records, sets up and maintains student files, compiles data regarding student enrollment for various documents and reports.
- May answer inquiries and refer students to other services.
- Composes and types routine letters, memos, and reports; routes mail.
- Screens and answers phone calls; keeps staff appointment calendar.
- Initiates and processes requisitions and/or work orders for instructional and office supplies, printing, and equipment.
- Monitors and replenishes instructional and non-instructional supplies as needed.
- May assist in monitoring budgets regarding personnel, supplies, and equipment.
- Files, copies, processes, and assembles instructional and other materials.
- Distributes materials; may demonstrate and explain the use of equipment and materials including common computer applications.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Clear evidence of sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
- High school diploma or equivalent and one (1) year of recent, related experience.
- Knowledge of generally accepted office practices, procedures, and equipment.
- Ability to provide effective assistance to adult students; to respond appropriately to inquiries from the public; and to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with instructors and others contacted in the course of performing assigned duties.
- Ability to set priorities, organize workflow, and carry out a variety of duties with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet applications and ability to keyboard at an effective rate of speed.
- Ability to compose independently simple correspondence, keep accurate records, compile reports, and set up filing and recordkeeping systems.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Experience working with adult learners and one (1) year of experience working in an educational setting.
- Bilingual skills.
Working hours: Monday - Thursday, 8:00am - 12:45pm.
Chaffey College recently implemented an online electronic application system. Our new application can be accessed at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/chaffey. The application must be completely filled out in detail and clearly show that you meet the qualifications as set forth in the announcement, and you must upload the following documents:
Please do not include any additional documents; only the documents that are indicated below. If you upload documents that are not required, your application may be disqualified. Please do not submit letters of recommendation or documents that contain your photograph.
- Cover Letter
This is a part-time (19 hours per week), 10-month, classified bargaining unit position. Start date: as soon as possible. Range 9 of the CSEA Salary Schedule with starting salary of Step A.
$1,566 per month.