Instructional Assistant IV, Interior Design (Part-Time, Chino Campus)
Position DescriptionUnder general supervision, assist in the development and presentation of instructional materials and the administration of tests; and oversee student work in open labs.
This is a grant funded position and continuation of employment is contingent upon availability of grant funds and approval by the Governing Board. Responsibilities
- Assists in the instruction of students on theory and procedures for use of departmental computers and equipment.
- Prepare, assemble, and distribute instructional materials.
- Administer, grade, record, and file tests; discuss test results and class progress with individual students.
- Answer student questions on interior design.
- Assists in the instruction of students in the safe use of interior design equipment; monitor students for observance of safety procedures.
- Assist students in the computer laboratory assignments; maintain computer lab.
- Assist with supply and equipment inventory for the interior design program.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Any combination of education, training, and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Knowledge of interior design programs; troubleshoot for the department and maintain appropriate safety procedures and precautions.
- Oral and written communications skills sufficient to effectively instruct and assist students in interior design curriculum.
- Clear evidence of sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
- Computer knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office;
- Basic knowledge in other computer programs such as Sketchup, AutoCAD, Revit, 2020 Design Photoshop and InDesign.
Working hours: Hours will vary between 7:30am – 7:30pm, Monday-Friday (19 hours per week) and be determined each semester based on course offerings. Must be able to work varied hours as assigned.
Chaffey College recently implemented an online electronic application system. Our new application can be accessed at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/chaffey. The application must be completely filled out in detail and clearly show that you meet the qualifications as set forth in the announcement, and you must upload the following documents:
Please do not include any additional documents; only the documents that are indicated below. If you upload documents that are not required, your application may be disqualified. Please do not submit letters of recommendation or documents that contain your photograph.
- Cover Letter
- Copy of college level transcripts (if you are using your education to meet the qualifications) (photocopies or computer printouts are acceptable. Copies of diplomas/degrees are NOT acceptable in lieu of transcripts.)
This is a part-time (19 hours per week), 10-month, classified bargaining unit position. Continued employment is contingent upon availability of grant funds and approval of the Chaffey College Governing Board. Start date: as soon as possible. Range 19 of the CSEA Salary Schedule with starting salary of Step A, $2,004/month.