PROGRAM COORDINATOR, PCM
Posting DetailsPosting Details Reference Number 40-31976 Posted Job Title PROGRAM COORDINATOR, PCM School Name Perelman School of Medicine Org DM-Gene Therapy Program Posted to the Web 05/17/2019 Posted Job/Salary Grade 026 Employment Type Non-Exempt Hours 40.00 Position Type Full Time Position Schedule 8am - 5pm Months 12 Position Length Contingent Upon Funding Position End Date University Overview
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn’s distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.School/Center Overview
The Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania is the oldest and one of the finest medical schools in the United States. Penn is rich in tradition and heritage and at the same time consistently at the forefront of new developments and innovations in medical education and research. Since its founding in 1765 the School has been a strong presence in the community and prides itself on educating the leaders of tomorrow in patient care, biomedical research, and medical education. http://www.med.upenn.edu/Duties
The Gene Therapy Program (GTP) and Orphan Disease Center (ODC) are entering a new era of unprecedented opportunity with the great potential to reshape the face of medicine as we know it. Our discoveries have set the stage for successful treatments and possibly even cures for devastating genetic diseases. Our R&D organization has a translational infrastructure that includes: technology discovery, specialized immunology assays operating under GLP, a Vector Core/Manufacturing unit that conducts GMP comparable work, and a large non-clinical program for animal testing under GLP including large NHP and rodent vivaria.
As a Core Program Coordinator, you will be assisting the Core Program Manager in coordinating/scheduling non-GLP research and GLP preclinical in vivo studies involving rodent and large animal models, including NHP.
You will be responsible for communicating and distributing critical study information across multiple Cores; reviewing study records and inputting study data into an approved electronic system while ensuring the integrity and quality of the data; maintaining departmental databases to track training and regulatory compliance; submission, tracking and storage of investigational materials and laboratory records as needed; coordinating trainings for staff and department; submitting purchase orders, budgets and maintaining communications with vendors; managing departmental communications including meeting agendas, minutes, policies, and interdepartmental communications; assisting PCM Leadership in preparing for regulatory inspections and audits including IACUC, USDA, AAALAC and FDA; reporting and escalating program needs to the Core Program Manager.
- The minimum of a Bachelor’s degree and 1-2 years of experience post-degree in a fast paced environment or an equivalent combination of education and experience required.
* Needs Driven: ability to anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of the department and external clients to meet or exceed their expectations within the organizational parameters.
* Proven time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work in a fast paced, ever-changing environment
* Ability to meet deadlines, work well under pressure in a team environment
* Attention to detail and problem solving skills
* Effective written and verbal communication skills
* Strong organizational and planning skills
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office skills are a MUST including MS Word, Excel, Outlook.
* Positive work ethic
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.Special Requirements Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job. Quick Link http://jobs.hr.upenn.edu/postings/46370 Posting Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- [email protected]
- Contacted by a Penn Recruiter
- Referred by a Penn Employee
- Referred by a friend or family member
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC)
- Inside Higher Ed
- Other Internet Advertisement
- Other Social Media Site
- Professional Affiliation/Trade Website
- Diversity Association/Publication Website
- Heard about it at a conference or career fair
- Apple One
- Recruitment and/or staffing agency
- * What is your highest level of education completed?
- Less than high school education
- High School Diploma or GED
- Vocational or Technical School
- Associate's Degree or Two Year College
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- PHD/MD/JD or equivalent doctoral degree
- * How many years of experience do you have related to this position?
- 0 to 1 Year
- 1 to 2 Years
- 2 to 3 Years
- 3 to 5 Years
- 5 to 7 Years
- 7 to 10 Years
- Over 10 Years
- Cover Letter