Lecturer, Dental Hygiene
Lecturer, Dental Hygiene
Department: Health Careers & Sciences
Location: Metropolitan Campus
Reports To: Associate Dean, Health Careers and Sciences
Recruitment Type: External/Internal
Requisition ID: req1246
Employment Type: Full-Time Faculty
Union Position: Non-Union
Work Schedule: Classes are assigned, beginning August (Fall semester) 2019. Ability to work a combination of days/evenings/weekends is required. Assignments may include working at multiple sites/campuses.
Number of Openings: 1
- Provides pre-clinical, clinical and didactic dental hygiene instruction.
- Prepares and delivers lectures to students on various topics in relation to a specific discipline
- Evaluates and grades students’ class work, laboratory/clinical work, assignments and papers
- Prepares course materials such as syllabi, homework assignments and handouts
- Keeps abreast of developments in the field by reading current literature, speaking with colleagues and participating in professional conferences
- Maintains student attendance records, grades and other required records
- Initiates, facilitates and moderates classroom discussions
- As needed, advises students on academic and vocational curricula and on career issues
- Plans, evaluates and revises curricula, course content and course materials and methods of instruction
- Compiles, administers and grades examinations
- Collaborates with colleagues to address teaching and research issues
- Maintains regularly scheduled office hours to advise and assist students
- Selects and obtains materials and supplies such as textbooks and laboratory equipment
- Serves on academic or administrative committees that deal with institutional policies, department matters and academic issues
- Participates in campus and community events
- Bachelor’s OR Master’s degree in Dental Hygiene or other related disciplineMinimum of three years clinical experience including periodontal therapy and local anesthesiaGraduation from an accredited dental hygiene programCurrent license to practice Dental Hygiene in OhioAbility to administer local anesthesiaTeaching experienceDemonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Suite (or equivalent)Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for studentsAdvanced communication (verbal, written and interpersonal) and organizational skillsLogic and reasoning skills to identify solutions, conclusions or approaches to problemsSensitivity to respond appropriately to the needs of a diverse population
Special Note:The following documents must be attached to your on-line employment application:
1) Current resume
2) A cover letter
3) A one-page statement explaining how you promote student learning and achievement
4) Scanned copies of your transcript (original, unofficial, or photocopy) for the required degree and copies of current required
licenses/certifications. Please indicate your current name of the transcript if it differs from the name on the transcript.
Applicants selected for interview must provide official transcripts for the required degree at the time of interview.
Please note that the required degree must be conferred/completed prior to submission of your application.
Please DO NOT include other transcripts or documents not requested such as letters of reference or past evaluations; only the transcript and required licenses/certifications will be forwarded to the search committee. No faxed
transcripts, licenses, or certifications will be accepted.
$ 42,811 minimum; offer based on education/or and experience
Special Instructions to Applicants: During the application process, you may be required to attach a cover letter and/or resume. It is recommended that you have these documents ready to be attached electronically to the online application. This system accepts only MS Word or PDF attachments. Any employment with the College is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check and drug screen.
Affirmative Action Statement: Cuyahoga Community College is committed to attaining excellence through the recruitment and retention of a qualified and diverse workforce. Cuyahoga Community College is an equal employment/educational opportunity institution.