Assistant Athletic Trainer
University of La Verne
Assistant Athletic Trainer
Job Description Summary:
The University of La Verne is a private not-for-profit university founded in 1891 located in La Verne, California. The core values that we live by are Ethical Reasoning, Diversity and Inclusivity, Lifelong Learning and Community and Civic Engagement.
If you're passionate about these values, join us at University of La Verne!
Reporting to Director of Athletic Training Services, the Assistant Athletic Trainer, facilitates/provides appropriate sports medicine coverage as described by the NCAA Division III sports medicine handbook, NATA appropriate intercollegiate medical coverage guidelines, and SCIAC rules and regulations for University of La Verne's student-athletes.
- Provides primary sports medicine coverage for the intercollegiate athletic teams, including football.
- Coordinates the care, prevention, management and rehabilitation of athletic injuries.
- Provides clinical instruction/supervision of athletic training students as a Preceptor through the Athletic Training Program (ATP).
- Refers student athletes to the University Student Health Center and outside medical professionals when needed.
- Administers baseline concussion testing for all student-athletes.
- Maintains medical records of the following: rehabilitation, injury evaluations, modality treatments, and all student-athletes personal medical information while following appropriate HIPAA guidelines.
- Coordinates and organizes the submission and reviewing of all pre-participation examination paperwork.
- Communicates with the following: coaching staff, athletic administrators, Health Center staff, student athletes, insurance administrators, physicians, physical therapists, and other outside medical professionals.
- Recommends appropriate budgeting information.
- Facilitates in-service programs annually which are designed to educate, inform and improve the skills of fellow staff and athletic training students in the areas of rehabilitation, strength, and manual therapy techniques.
- Provides mentor ship to the graduate assistant athletic trainer to assist the development of professionalism, evaluation, skills, treatment and rehabilitation techniques, decision-making, and situational leadership.
- While following OSHA guidelines, handles and disposes of bio-hazardous waste appropriately. Therefore, employee will be required to wear protective gloves, mask and eye shield when deemed necessary.
- Other duties as assigned by either the Director of Athletic Training Services or the Director of Athletics.
- Athletic Trainer Certification (ATC) through the Board of Certification.
- 2 years post graduate NCAA Division III collegiate certified athletic training experience.
- Red Cross First CPRO certification
- Ability to be organized and operate within an effective athletic training department. Includes (but not limited to) all aspects related to athletic training, budget, inventory, equipment, scheduling, student-athlete progress, and rules compliance.
- Ability to stay abreast of current and developing trends in sports medicine.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling.
- Ability to work with a diverse team in a fast-paced environment.
- Enthusiasm and the ability to thrive in an atmosphere of constant change.
- Demonstrated awareness and commitment to effectively establishing relationships and positive communications across multiple dimensions of diversity including, but not limited to race, gender, sexual preference/identity, physical limitations, class or religious perspectives.
- The ability to occasionally travel to fulfill required duties and assignments.
- Master’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with faculty, staff, students, and the community.
Location: La Verne Central Campus
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: http://laverne.edu
Located in Southern California, the University of La Verne offers a distinctive and relevant educational experience to a diverse population of students, preparing them for successful careers and a commitment to lifelong learning across the liberal arts and professional programs. The academic units of the not-for-profit university include the College of Arts and Sciences, the College of Business and Public Management, the LaFetra College of Education, and the College of Law. The university offers both undergraduate and graduate programs, including degree programs tailored for working adults. The university's central campus is located 30 miles east of Los Angeles in the historic Old Town section of La Verne, a city with a population of approximately 35,000 at the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains. The university also has eight regional campuses throughout California and the College of Law campus in Ontario, California. The university is classified as a Carnegie Doctoral Institution with moderate research activity. Core values are reflected throughout all curricular and co-curricular programs, its emphasis on close professor-student interaction, personal support of its students, and its diversity.
The University of La Verne prides itself in being reflective of the diversity of Southern California. Approximately 80 percent of its nearly 8,500 students come from diverse backgrounds and the U.S. Department of Education has designated the university as a Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI). With 80,000 alumni, the university fulfills a critical community function in educating students from underserved populations, many of whom are the first generation in their family to attend college.
The University of La Verne is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employment or employees on any basis prohibited by state and federal law. University of La Verne hires and promotes individuals based on their qualifications and is consistent with applicable state and federal laws, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, disability, medical condition a or sexual orientation
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency