University of La Verne
Job Description Summary:
The University of La Verne is a private not-for-profit university founded in 1891 located in La Verne, California. The core values that we live by are Ethical Reasoning, Diversity and Inclusivity, Lifelong Learning and Community and Civic Engagement.
If you're passionate about these values, join us at the University of La Verne!
Reporting to Director of Payroll Services the Payroll Specialist provides support to the Payroll Office by performing various tasks necessary to accurately and timely process payroll, as well as other payroll related jobs.
- Processing all payroll cycles of employees, including auditing hourly employees’ time and attendance time sheets, entering these hours into the HRIS system, generating reports for auditing new hires and changes, processing garnishments, taxable tuition remissions, and completing the payroll in Banner.
- Review and enter paperwork, including W-4, DE-4, and Direct Deposit forms for new hires and existing employee changes.
- Research and respond in an accurate and timely manner to employee inquiries and concerns.
- Assist in creating, reconciling, and uploading ADP Wage File to ADP for printing and distributing of the payroll checks. Review reports generated by ADP for accuracy and save in department’s shared drive.
- Process off cycle checks, such as terminations, replacements,and adjustments. Report these checks to the bank.
- Report newly hired employees to the Employment Development Department within 20 days from the Date of Hire.
- On a daily basis login into the university’s bank to review and respond to any exception reporting on payroll checks.
- On a monthly basis, report the number of employees paid that month by the university to the Federal Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Collect and enter employee leave balances used in the HRIS system. Ensure leave accruals and usage is maintained properly.
- Maintain the filing system. Annually organize the purging of the inactive employee files and delivery of the boxes to the payroll archives. Schedule the shredding of archived reports and files based on retention guidelines.
- Other tasks as assigned based on priorities and needs.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 3 years payroll experience, including time and attendance audits, California labor laws such as overtime and rest period regulations, federal FLSA, and exempt vs non-exempt employee rules.
- Experience with the use of office equipment, including 10-key calculators, Microsoft Office, computers, printers, copy and fax machines.
- Experience with Banner HRIS System
- Payroll experience in higher education
Location: La Verne Central Campus
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: http://laverne.edu
Located in Southern California, the University of La Verne offers a distinctive and relevant educational experience to a diverse population of students, preparing them for successful careers and a commitment to lifelong learning across the liberal arts and professional programs. The academic units of the not-for-profit university include the College of Arts and Sciences, the College of Business and Public Management, the LaFetra College of Education, and the College of Law. The university offers both undergraduate and graduate programs, including degree programs tailored for working adults. The university's central campus is located 30 miles east of Los Angeles in the historic Old Town section of La Verne, a city with a population of approximately 35,000 at the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains. The university also has eight regional campuses throughout California and the College of Law campus in Ontario, California. The university is classified as a Carnegie Doctoral Institution with moderate research activity. Core values are reflected throughout all curricular and co-curricular programs, its emphasis on close professor-student interaction, personal support of its students, and its diversity.
The University of La Verne prides itself in being reflective of the diversity of Southern California. Approximately 80 percent of its nearly 8,500 students come from diverse backgrounds and the U.S. Department of Education has designated the university as a Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI). With 80,000 alumni, the university fulfills a critical community function in educating students from underserved populations, many of whom are the first generation in their family to attend college.
The University of La Verne is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employment or employees on any basis prohibited by state and federal law. University of La Verne hires and promotes individuals based on their qualifications and is consistent with applicable state and federal laws, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, disability, medical condition a or sexual orientation
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency