Athletic Academic Coordinator
Athletic Academic Coordinator
Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi
Center For Athletic Academic Services
Proposed Minimum Salary
Corpus Christi, Texas
The Athletic Academic Coordinator is responsible for working with stakeholders regarding academic advisement, student success activities, and oversee academic progress per University, Southland Conference, and National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) rules. This position also provides academic counsel to student-athletes regarding schedule development, registration assistance, major exploration, learning issues, NCAA continuing eligibility, progress toward degree, graduation plans and mentoring for at-risk students. Oversees academic progress, athletic progress, and attendance reports and works with coaching staffs to develop semester success plans.
- Track Academic Progress Rates (APR) and graduation plans for assigned teams.
- Assist with admission process and documentation of in and out-of-state residents and international students.
- Work with the compliance office to determine initial and continuing academic eligibility for student-athletes.
- Administer and oversee study hall and tutorial programs for student-athletes.
- Act as liaison by coordinating with the Office of Student Success to implement tutoring, learning skills labs, amongst other activities, to ensure student-athlete academic success.
- Track admissions for incoming student-athletes.
- Coordinate athletic academic success initiatives with institutional programs.
- Communicate with administrators, coaches, students and faculty regarding students' academic progress.
- Communicate and coordinate with departments on efforts related to student success.
- Provide mentoring for at risk student athletes.
- Communicate and deliver presentations with prospective student-athletes, parents and/or guardians about academic programs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Sports Management, Psychology, Educational Counseling, or related field.
- Two (2) years of related experience working with college students.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Master's degree.
- Experience in working in college athletics at the NCAA Division I level.
- Experience in working with ACSAthletics/FrontRush, GradesFirst, NCAA Compliance Assistance and Banner software
- Knowledgeable and experience in Academic Progress Rates (APR), Graduation Rates, and NCAA Academic Eligibility requirements.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMUCC_External/job/Corpus-Christi-TAMUCC/Athletic-Academic-Coordinator_R-019783
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency