Program Coordinator, Continuing Legal Education - Georgetown University Law Center
Program Coordinator, Continuing Legal Education - Georgetown University Law Center
Located in a historic neighborhood in the nation's capital, Georgetown offers rigorous academic programs, a global perspective, exciting ways to take advantage of Washington, D.C., and a commitment to social justice. Our community is a tight knit group of remarkable individuals interested in intellectual inquiry and making a difference in the world.
The Program Coordinator plays an important role in the planning and execution of the department's Continuing Legal Education (CLE) programs, supporting the department's Advisory Boards and Planning Committees in conjunction with the Program Attorney. S/he helps manage aspects of program implementation and logistics for CLE programs as well as the department's distance learning initiatives. Reporting directly to the Director of Programming, who has oversight of all CLE programs, the Program Coordinator has additional duties that include but are not limited to:
- Creates CLE program events in Master Calendar, Outlook, and Pivotal database.
- Maintains and develops various aspects of the website including but not limited to, adding, updating, and/or deleting information in order to keep site accurate and current, uploading program brochures, and making program-specific changes.
- Works with the Program Attorneys in submitting and posting webcast information to lnReach per their requirements, providing materials to lnReach and working with the Program Attorney to obtain consent forms for all speakers of each program.
- Communicates with approximately 675-750 speakers throughout the planning process to ensure full understanding of the speakers' commitment to the program, answering all questions and concerns.
- Oversees the production of all digital course materials for assigned CLE programs, including reviewing and organizing course materials, creating and editing speaker biographies, creating and editing cover pages, and updating materials as necessary.
- Loads USB and laptops with speaker Power Points, creates signage for CLE programs, prepares speaker tent cards, and prepares program materials for delivery to program registration area.
- Creates event surveys/evaluations using lnquisium software (or other survey software) and compiles results into a report.
CLE Credit Process
- Manages the CLE and CPE credit process for the department, developing CLE credit policies for the department to follow when developing new programs and program agendas.
- Tracks state rules and regulations to ensure department's compliance, especially in areas of new technology and ethics.
- Completes the annual renewal application and retains NASBA CPE "blanket" approval for accountants, tracking all relevant NASBA accreditation policies.
- Regularly updates team members regarding CLE credit policies or changes that may impact how we plan programs or implement on-site procedures, keeping the CLE information on the department's web site updated and accurate.
- Serves as the chief liaison to other departments, student groups, or organizations seeking CLE credit through our department, developing policies and guidelines for other departments, student groups, or organizations.
- Serves as the main liaison to the ABA accreditation services team (or other vendor) as it relates to outsourced accreditation functions, managing the relationship and providing accurate information to the vendor.
Program Planning and Implementation
- Prepares for Advisory Board and/or Planning Committee meetings, including preparation of meeting agendas, evaluation summaries, board rosters, and other background information.
- Takes notes at advisory board meetings and coordinates logistics with host law firm staff when meetings are held off-site.
- Supports all Advisory Board and/or Planning Committee correspondence and schedules Advisory Board and Planning Committee meetings throughout the year.
- Supports the program analysis process for each CLE program.
- Tracks Advisory Board, Planning Committee, and speaker gift inventory, monitoring the University's gift policies to ensure compliance.
Academic Conferences & Webinar Series
- Creates the conference budget and seeks budget approval from the appropriate party, working with the Marketing Manager to create and implement marketing plans when appropriate.
- Coordinates with the Business Operations Manager to arrange for payment of all conference related expenses, executing day of program tasks, handling post-program wrap-up activities, preparing final financial statements, and preparing a JV request memo for the Business Operations Manager.
- Creates course materials for academic conferences when applicable, including, but not limited to, organizing course materials, creating and editing speaker biographies, and creating a digital file.
- Overseers the registration process for academic conferences, working closely with the Marketing and Customer Service Assistant.
- Works with Georgetown Law Center and Institute faculty and staff, Georgetown Law CLE speakers, and the Program Attorney or Director of Programming to coordinate logistics for recording programs or creating webinars to be offered on the lnReach platform.
- Posts accurate information to the lnReach web site and regularly communicates with the InReach staff regarding the status of webinars.
- Bachelor's degree
- 2 years in a professional setting with prior experience in event/meeting support or planning
- Strong customer service, communication skills (verbal and written) and project management skills
- Great attention to detail with the ability to balance many tasks and projects
- Excellent interpersonal and prioritization skills with the ability to relate well to persons in the legal profession
- Ability to work well in a team environment and to work proficiently in in CRM and event management systems
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or [email protected].
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website.
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Georgetown University offers a wide variety of comprehensive and competitive benefits. Benefits packages include comprehensive health, dental and vision plans, disability and life insurance coverage, retirement savings programs, tuition assistance, voluntary insurance options (including group legal, accident, and critical illness), and much more. Whatever your need, the Office of Faculty and Staff Benefits will be standing by to support you. You can learn more about the benefits offered to eligible faculty and staff at https://benefits.georgetown.edu or view the online interactive benefits guide for more information.
To apply, visit https://georgetown.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Georgetown_Admin_Careers/job/Law-Center/Program-Coordinator--Continuing-Legal-Education---Georgetown-University-Law-Center_JR06610
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency