Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Assist head athletic trainer in all phases of treatment for varsity athletics and serve in the department of physical education, recreation and athletics.
- Assist the Head Athletic Trainer in diagnosis and treatment of athletics injuries, prevention, recognition, evaluation, care and rehabilitation of athletic injuries/illnesses
- Provide coverage for athletic contests, practice sessions and Athletic Training room as assigned
- Assumes responsibilities of the Head Athletic Trainer when he/she is unavailable
- Maintenance of accurate reports and records
- Teach Physical Education courses as assigned
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Athletic Training; Masters preferred
- 1 year experience minimum; 3-5 years experience preferred
- Massachusetts State licensure and BOC Certification
- AED/First aid and CPR certified
- College experience preferred
- The ability to work weekends, holidays and evenings. Potential for overnight travel
- Ability to lift 50 - 75 pounds
- Valid driver's license
United States of America (Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Athletic-Trainer_R0000354
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency