Clinical Assistant Professor of Biology
In anticipation of a Spring 2020 opening, and possibly future semesters, the School of Biological Sciences maintains a pool of qualified persons interested in part-time, non-tenure track Student Teacher Supervisor positions. Applications are reviewed as vacancies become available.
These positions are represented by the Illinois State University Education Association and may have associated dues or fees.
Travel to participating schools to observe student teachers is required. Responsibilities of this position include observing student teachers as they are teaching and interacting with students in a high school classroom. Submission of observations, assessments, and evaluations via use of software and programs such as Watermark. Additional communication with students, supervisors, and cooperating teachers. Performs other duties as assigned. Regular attendance is both an expectation and a requirement for this position.
Review of applications for the Spring 2020 semester will begin July 15, 2019.
Required qualifications for this position include:
1. Master's degree in Biology Education or a closely related field.
2. Teaching experience in Biology, or a related field.
3. If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
4. State law mandates demonstrable oral proficiency in the English language as a requirement for this position.
Desired qualifications for this position are:
1. Working knowledge of and experience with the Next Generation Science Standards.
2. Working knowledge of and experience with the Danielson Framework for Teaching.
3. Knowledge of edTPA
All application materials must be submitted online. Application materials submitted via fax, email, or mail will not be accepted.
Please prepare, in advance, separate documents representing:
1. cover letter
2. reference list (at least three professional references and contact information)
Applications will be reviewed as vacancies become available.
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
If you are having difficulty accessing the system, please call Human Resources at (309) 438-8311.
If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) or other state or federal law you may request an accommodation by contacting the Office of Equal Opportunity and Access at 309-438-3383.