Student Money Management Center - 161520
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday - Friday 8 am - 5 pm
Acknowledging that a strong correlation exists between academic success, retention, and financial literacy skills, the University of North Texas established the Student Money Management Center. The center streamlines all money management education services under the oversight of one dedicated office serving as a single point entry to eliminate frustrations and confusion among students seeking support, counsel, and advice regarding their personal financial lives. The center offers educational programs, private coaching services, online resources, and an emergency aid program. The center's purpose is to help Eagles soar! Learn more at moneymanagement.unt.edu.
The Student Money Management Center at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire an Administrative Specialist to join our team. This position is responsible for providing executive, administrative, and analytical support to the department. Coordinates activities and acts as university-wide liaison for the department. Identifies issues or problems and researches solutions within specific management areas.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Providing primary executive, administrative, and analytical support for the entire department.
* Overseeing key administrative processes (including but not limited to to purchasing, travel, property control, inventory, etc.).
* Serving as an initial point of contact for all visitors.
* Answering a variety of questions pertaining to student accounts, financial aid, college planning, campus and community resources, departmental services, and personal financial topics.
* Responding independently and routes inquiries and correspondence within the office.
* Expediting transitioning of visitors to appropriate team members, resources, and services/programs.
* Serving as lead to the center's Student Services Team by supervising frontline student staff.
* Ensuring all team members are trained and competent to support all areas of department's student services and customer interface.
* Handling team calendar, scheduling system, and correspondence.
* Managing day-to-day operations of the department's emergency aid program.
* Conducting emergency assistance application eligibility interviews.
* Reporting and forecasting of departmental budget and primary administrative processes (purchasing, travel, property control, inventory, etc.)
* Assisting with the collection of data and the preparation of materials for meetings and conferences.
* Providing assistance to the completion of assessment reports.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
The successful candidate will possess an Associate's degree and three years of moderately responsible and varied office administration or business management experience; or any equivalent combination of experience, education, and training.
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Exceptional customer service skills.
* Intermediate Microsoft Office skills.
* Knowledge of accounting/budgeting procedures.
* Ability to work under pressure, to adjust to constant changes, to handle multiple tasks, and to coordinate the work of others.
* Ability to keep complex records, to assemble and organize data of complex nature, and to prepare and submit reports in acceptable formats.
* Ability to conceptualize, plan and organize multiple assignments effectively.
* Ability to work on complex and confidential tasks utilizing judgment, tact, and resourcefulness.
* Skill in developing and maintaining good working relationships.
* Knowledge of policies, practices, procedures and terminology of assigned function.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Knowledge of higher education funding resources.
* Experience supervising student employees.
* Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
* Experience in working in a diverse work environment.
* Experience serving multiple roles on a team.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume and cover letter with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Quicklink for Posting