Part-Time Specialist III, Student Services
DescriptionCommitment to Mission:
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- Students Matter
- Inspire Excellence
- Act Intentionally
- Better Together
- No Fear!
The Chronicle of Higher Education’s “Great Colleges to Work For” is designed to recognize colleges that have been successful in creating great workplaces and to further research and understanding of the factors, dynamics and influences that have the most impact on organizational culture at higher education institutions.
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance.
Campus Marketing Statement:
Lone Star College-MontgomeryLone Star College, located in the north metropolitan Houston area, is one of the largest and fastest growing community colleges in the country featuring six comprehensive colleges and 10 centers with over 95,000 credit and non-credit students each semester, an annual budget exceeding $500,000,000, and 7,300 employees spread over a 2100 square mile area.
LSC adds $3.1 billion to the local and regional economy by providing educational opportunities across the north Houston region.
Lone Star College–Montgomery, the premiere student-centered educational institution in Montgomery County, serves The Woodlands and Conroe communities. LSC–Montgomery provides a relaxing and conducive learning atmosphere while offering leisure learning opportunities, individual classes, and unique programs such as radiologic technology, physical therapy, and biotechnology.
Campus address is 3200 College Park Drive. Conroe, Texas 77384-4500
Primarily performs specialized, specific functions requiring knowledge and experience in a particular field, area or department function. Typical duties may include information gathering and review, presentation of information in verbal or written form, some interpretation of information. At a higher level, also provides advice and counsel in area of expertise such as academic advising, financial aid, and student records.
- Assists students in processes relating to registration and admissions including academic advising on course transferability
- Informs and orients students in order to help them succeed in college setting
- Determines course transferability
- May advise high school students and parents for requirements for dual credit, admissions and determines exceptional admission
- May provide expertise to others in the processing of transcripts, which includes the accreditation of institutions and validity, or transcripts and creating a computer generated student record of the transfer work
- May analyze transfer coursework, accreditation, catalogs and numbering/grading systems to affect and maintain the Degree Audit system files
- May determine residency requirements
- Responsible for other reasonable, related duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability and commitment to work collaboratively
- Demonstrated commitment to multicultural and multigenerational diversity
- Demonstrated commitment to the mission of the comprehensive community college
- Demonstrated high-level communication and computer skills
- Demonstrated commitment to quality service to students
- Demonstrated ability to manage and lead change
- Strong customer service skills
Work Schedule & Conditions:
- Work is performed in a climate controlled office environment not readily accessible to the general public. Job duties require little physical effort. Requires work characteristics supportive of collaborative work efforts in a collegial atmosphere.
Please go to your profile page. To add a file, select the "attachments" tab. Click on the "add" tab. Click "Browse" and select the file you want to attach. Then click "attach." It will redirect you back to the general profile page. Repeat steps to add additional documents.
Tips: You can only attach a maximum of five (5) files no larger than 2MB (2047 bytes) each. The total file capacity is 10MB. If your individual file exceeds the file limit, you will receive an error message. The search tool recruiter’s use for candidates will not be able to analyze the content of some attached files, mostly image files, and compressed files (zip). The recommended file attachments are word or pdf files.
Please include the requisition number and your name in the title of your file. You must limit your file name to 40 characters or less.
Duration of Job Posting:
Position posted until filled
- High school diploma and at least 1 year of related work experience
Benefits Marketing Statement:
By joining our top notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization that offers offer a supportive, collegial work environment, excellent work/life balance, tuition reimbursement, participation in the TIAA-CREF retirement plan and more.
How to Apply:
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY!
Application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivery will not be accepted.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.
Primary Location: US-Texas-Conroe
3200 College Park Dr (0400)
3200 College Park Dr
Job: Student Services
Organization: LSC Montgomery - 04
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Entry Level
Job Posting: Sep 20, 2018, 10:24:55 AM