Part-Time Specialist IV, Workforce Program Funding CTE-CE
Commitment to Mission:
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- Students Matter
- Inspire Excellence
- Act Intentionally
- Better Together
- No Fear!
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance.
Campus Marketing Statement:
Lone Star College-University Park Lone Star College, located in the north metropolitan Houston area, is one of the largest and fastest growing community colleges in the country featuring six comprehensive colleges and 10 centers with over 95,000 credit and non-credit students each semester, an annual budget exceeding $500,000,000, and 7,300 employees spread over a 2100 square mile area. LSC adds $3.1 billion to the local and regional economy by providing educational opportunities across the north Houston region. Founded in 2010, LSC-University Park is located on a 71-acre campus that includes the comprehensive Lone Star College campus along with Lone Star Corporate College, the LSC-Energy & Manufacturing Center, multiple university partners, a charter high school, several commercial tenants and much more creating the college of the future. LSC-UP’s vision is to be nationally recognized as the model for the innovative college of the 21st century. LSC-UP’s “Invitation to Innovate” (i2i) has resulted in local, national and international awards and recognitions, including one patent. Campus address is 20515 SH 249 (SH 249 and Louetta Road) Houston, Texas 77070-2607
Responsible for oversight and implementation of a variety of operational processes and procedures at multiple sites. Receives and processes students referred by area Workforce Centers for enrollment in credit and continuing education technical training programs. Registers students in all continuing education classes. Responsible for advising and counseling students on programs and certificates specific to Workforce or Continuing Education classes. Supports student retention and completion of training programs.
- Assesses and advises a cohort of students to provide support in enrollment and retention in workforce programs and placement in high demand occupations; areas of advisement will include but are not limited to:
- Interprets standardized tests and placement scores, and offers suggestions for appropriate classes
- Evaluates student curriculum to determine all classes required for entering into workforce program through completion; prepares a cost analysis for tuition and fees, books and supplies, uniforms, tools, or other training related expenses for all semesters attending for the purpose of recurring the scholarship funds
- Evaluates grades on WIOA students for progression into next semester
- Enrolls authorized WIOA students and awards third party scholarships
- Identifies and refers students with special needs to appropriate offices as needed; monitors, documents, and follows-up with referral students’ progress, maintaining correspondence with one-stop centers in reference to referred students
- Assists with enrollment and overall curriculum development for various degree plans
- Conducts trainings and provides expertise and guidance for LSCS campus staff on WIOA, and conducts new student orientations
- Performs a variety of documentation, billing, analysis and review, and auditing functions; makes corrections or advises appropriate leadership as needed
- May visit LSCS campuses regularly for on-site counseling and problem solving sessions
- Responsible for other reasonable related duties as assigned
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Database systems
- Ability to work on multiple projects
- Ability to document and track expenses
- Ability to work with diverse student groups, internal college staff, and outside agencies
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels
- Minimal physical effort is required
Work Schedule & Conditions:
- Equipment used includes, PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone, copy machine, mail machine, carts and other general office equipment
- Interface with internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position
- Work is performed in a climate-controlled office with minimal exposure to safety
Please go to your profile page. To add a file, select the "attachments" tab. Click on the "add" tab. Click "Browse" and select the file you want to attach. Then click "attach." It will redirect you back to the general profile page. Repeat steps to add additional documents.
Tips: You cannot attach a file that exceeds the allocated limit of 1024 kilobytes. You can attach a maximum of 10 files at a time. The search tool recruiter’s use for candidates will not be able to analyze the content of some attached files, mostly image files, and compressed files (zip). The recommended file attachments are word or pdf files.
Please include the requisition number and your name in the title of your file. You must limit your file name to 40 characters or less.
- High School diploma and at least 5 years of related work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Specialization relevant to position
- Associate’s degree
- Experience with JTPA/WIOA
- Experience with Oracle PeopleSoft/iStar
By joining our top notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization recognized for the 3rd year in a row as a "Great College To Work For". We offer a supportive, collegial work environment, excellent work/life balance, tuition reimbursement, participation in the TIAA-CREF retirement plan and more.
How to Apply:
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY!
Application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivery will not be accepted.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check
Primary Location: US-Texas-Houston
20515 Highway 249 - LSC University Park (0800)
20515 Highway 249
Job: Student Services
Organization: System Office - 00
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: Sep 20, 2018, 10:17:54 AM