Part-Time Specialist III, Student Services-Admissions
DescriptionCommitment to Mission:
- Students Matter
- Inspire Excellence
- Act Intentionally
- Better Together
- No Fear!
Lone Star College-CyFair
Lone Star College, located in the north metropolitan Houston area, is one of the largest and fastest growing community colleges in the country featuring six comprehensive colleges and 10 centers with over 95,000 credit and non-credit students each semester, an annual budget exceeding $500,000,000, and 7,300 employees spread over a 2100 square mile area.
LSC adds $3.1 billion to the local and regional economy by providing educational opportunities across the north Houston region.
Located in suburban northwest Houston in the heart of the CyFair Community, the college provides a full range of offerings including unique programs in fire science technology, logistics management and sonography. Since opening our award winning campus in 2003, the college has experienced record growth and supports an exciting learning environment that brings together state-of-the-art technology and active, collaborative learning.
Campus address is 9191 Barker Cypress Road. Cypress, Texas. 77433-1383.
Primarily performs specialized, specific functions requiring knowledge and experience in a particular field, area or department function. Typical duties may include information gathering and review, presentation of information in verbal or written form, some interpretation of information. At a higher level, also provides advice and counsel in area of expertise such as academic advising, financial aid, and student records.
- Assists students in processes relating to registration and admissions including academic advising on course transferability
- Informs and orients students in order to help them succeed in college setting
- Determines course transferability
- May advise high school students and parents for requirements for dual credit, admissions and determines exceptional admission
- May provide expertise to others in the processing of transcripts, which includes the accreditation of institutions and validity, or transcripts and creating a computer generated student record of the transfer work
- May analyze transfer coursework, accreditation, catalogs and numbering/grading systems to affect and maintain the Degree Audit system files
- May determine residency requirements
- Responsible for other reasonable, related duties as assigned
- Demonstrated ability and commitment to work collaboratively
- Demonstrated commitment to multicultural and multigenerational diversity
- Demonstrated commitment to the mission of the comprehensive community college
- Demonstrated high-level communication and computer skills
- Demonstrated commitment to quality service to students
- Demonstrated ability to manage and lead change
- Strong customer service skills
Work Schedule & Conditions:
- Work is performed in a climate controlled office environment not readily accessible to the general public. Job duties require little physical effort. Requires work characteristics supportive of collaborative work efforts in a collegial atmosphere.
- High school diploma and at least 1 year of related work experience
By joining our top notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization that offers offer a supportive, collegial work environment, excellent work/life balance, tuition reimbursement, participation in the TIAA-CREF retirement plan and more.
How to Apply:
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY!
Application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivery will not be accepted.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.
Primary Location: US-Texas-Cypress
9191 Barker Cypress Rd (0500)
9191 Barker Cypress Rd
Job: Student Services
Organization: LSC Cy Fair - 05
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: Sep 21, 2018, 10:37:44 AM