Part-Time Specialist III, Student Services
DescriptionCommitment to Mission:
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- Students Matter
- Inspire Excellence
- Act Intentionally
- Better Together
- No Fear!
Lone Star College-CyFair-Cypress Center
Lone Star College, located in the north metropolitan Houston area, is one of the largest and fastest growing community colleges in the country featuring six comprehensive colleges and 10 centers with over 95,000 credit and non-credit students each semester, an annual budget exceeding $500,000,000, and 7,300 employees spread over a 2100 square mile area.
Campus address is 19710 Clay Rd. Katy, Texas 77449.
Under general/limited supervision, this position is responsible for significant functions in Recruiting, Admissions, Retention, and/or Financial Aid. Has in-depth knowledge of functions and processes throughout the scope of the specialty area. This position acts a primary expert and provides advice and information to others. Ensures that all district policies/practices surrounding function are implemented/carried out correctly by others. Primarily performs specialized, specific functions requiring knowledge and experience in a particular field, area or department function. Typical duties may include information gathering and review, presentation of information in verbal or written form, some interpretation of information.
Job Functions:1. Assists students in processes relating to registration and admissions including academic advising on course transferability
2. Provides advice and counsel in areas of expertise such as academic advising, financial aid, and student records
3. Informs and orients students in order to help them succeed in college setting
4. May advise high school students and parents on requirements for dual credit, admissions and determines exceptional admission
5. May provide expertise to others in the processing of transcripts
6. May analyze transfer coursework, accreditation, catalogs and numbering/grading systems to affect and maintain the Degree Audit system files
7. May determine residency requirements
8. Responsible for other reasonable, related duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities: • Demonstrated high-level communication and computer skills
• Must have strong customer service skills
• Demonstrated ability and commitment to work collaboratively
• Demonstrated ability to manage and lead change
• Demonstrated commitment to multicultural and multigenerational diversity
• Demonstrated commitment to the mission of the comprehensive community college
• Demonstrated commitment to quality service to students
- Minimal physical effort is required
Work Schedule & Conditions: • Equipment used includes, PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment
• Interface with internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position
• Work is performed in a climate-controlled office with minimal exposure to safety hazards
- High School Diploma
- Associate’s Degree
By joining our top notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization recognized for the 3rd year in a row as a "Great College To Work For". We offer a supportive, collegial work environment, excellent work/life balance, tuition reimbursement, participation in the TIAA-CREF retirement plan and more.
How to Apply:
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY!
Application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivery will not be accepted.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check
Primary Location: US-Texas-Houston
19710 Clay Rd (0502)
19710 Clay Rd
Job: Student Services
Organization: LSC Cypress Center - 0502
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: Sep 21, 2018, 11:13:19 AM