Part-Time Specialist IV, Student Services-Enrollment
DescriptionCommitment to Mission:
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- Students Matter
- Inspire Excellence
- Act Intentionally
- Better Together
- No Fear!
Lone Star College-CyFair
Lone Star College, located in the north metropolitan Houston area, is one of the largest and fastest growing community colleges in the country featuring six comprehensive colleges and 10 centers with over 95,000 credit and non-credit students each semester, an annual budget exceeding $500,000,000, and 7,300 employees spread over a 2100 square mile area.
LSC adds $3.1 billion to the local and regional economy by providing educational opportunities across the north Houston region.
Located in suburban northwest Houston in the heart of the CyFair Community, the college provides a full range of offerings including unique programs in fire science technology, logistics management and sonography. Since opening our award winning campus in 2003, the college has experienced record growth and supports an exciting learning environment that brings together state-of-the-art technology and active, collaborative learning.
Campus address is 9191 Barker Cypress Road. Cypress, Texas. 77433-1383.
Under general/limited supervision this position is responsible for multiple significant functions in Student Services. This position will act as an expert in many areas and provides advice and information to others. Ensures that all district policies/practices surrounding functions are implemented/carried out correctly by others. Typical duties may include information gathering and review, presentation of information in verbal or written form, some interpretation of information. At higher levels, also provides advice and counsel in area of expertise in Admissions, Registration and Student Records.
- Provides general LSC - Cy Fair information, handles complaints, and answers caller or registration counter questions via phone, e-mail, and other forms of communication
- Functions as first response access point for all students providing information, direction and step-by-step instructions to students on self-service modules including admission, enrollment, registration, and student records access and account status and related materials
- Resolves level 1 issues and level 1 escalations for student record support, refers level 2 adjustments and corrections to appropriate Student Success or Business Office personnel for proper resolution
- Achieves high level of first issues resolution
- Submits knowledge base information to manager for review and distribution
- Responsible for accurate documentation and assignment for issues that must be routed back to various campus departments or functional teams for resolution
- Possesses excellent knowledge of Peoplesoft Campus Solutions student records and LSC student portal, myLonestar.edu. Utilizes high degree of technical expertise in student self-service modules and sensitively to customer issues and inquiries
- Actively participates in training sessions
- Makes recommendations for change in current Admissions & Records support policies and procedures to manager
- Assist training of part-time specialist staff during enrollment peak
- Responsible for other reasonable, related duties as assigned
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills, strong organizational skills
- Commitment to customer service
- Ability to work effectively with a wide variety of students from various socioeconomic and ethnic backgrounds
- Results-oriented and self-motivated person
- Experience and knowledge of Microsoft Office. (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Access)
- Ability to work flexible hours
Work Schedule & Conditions:
- Work is performed in a climate controlled environment. Varies Monday through Saturday (includes evening hours)
- Some college plus one year of related experience
- Associate's degree or higher and at least one year of related work experience
- Customer service background
- Experience in job-related area in a community college or university
By joining our top notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization that offers offer a supportive, collegial work environment, excellent work/life balance, tuition reimbursement, participation in the TIAA-CREF retirement plan and more.
How to Apply:
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY!
Application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivery will not be accepted.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.
Primary Location: US-Texas-Cypress
9191 Barker Cypress Rd (0500)
9191 Barker Cypress Rd
Job: Student Services
Organization: LSC Cy Fair - 05
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: Sep 21, 2018, 10:48:40 AM