Part-Time Skills Instructor, Medical Assisting-Temporary
DescriptionCommitment to Mission:
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- Students Matter
- Inspire Excellence
- Act Intentionally
- Better Together
- No Fear!
Lone Star College-CyFair
Lone Star College, located in the north metropolitan Houston area, is one of the largest and fastest growing community colleges in the country featuring six comprehensive colleges and 10 centers with over 95,000 credit and non-credit students each semester, an annual budget exceeding $500,000,000, and 7,300 employees spread over a 2100 square mile area.
LSC adds $3.1 billion to the local and regional economy by providing educational opportunities across the north Houston region. Lone Star College-CyFair, a comprehensive community college for the 21st century, provides a dynamic, collaborative learning environment for life-long learning centered on learning engagement.
Located in suburban northwest Houston in the heart of the CyFair Community, the college provides a full range of offerings including unique programs in fire science technology, logistics management and sonography. Since opening our award winning campus in 2003, the college has experienced record growth and supports an exciting learning environment that brings together state-of-the-art technology and active, collaborative learning.
Campus address is 9191 Barker Cypress Road. Cypress, Texas. 77433-1383.
Medical Assisting Classroom and Laboratory Skills Instructors work with faculty to provide students with hands-on experience in a controlled laboratory environment. Part-time Skills Instructors are hired on an as-needed basis, and may not work more than 19.5 hours per week. Skills Instructors may work days or evenings with occasional weekends as assigned, depending on the needs of the department.
Job Functions: 1. Provides instruction and evaluation of Medical Assisting students white in the classroom or lab environment
2. Acts as a liaison between the lead instructor, the student, and the Medical Assisting Director
3. Notifies the lead instructor or Medical Assisting Director of appropriate incidents in the classroom or lab environment, as well as provide regular reports of student progress
4. Acts as an ambassador of the Medical Assisting Program
5. Completes paperwork as requested by the Medical Assisting program to include timesheets, evaluation forms, program evaluations, and evaluations of the students
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities: • Must be able to perform all practice skills required to meet the standards of the program
- Minimal physical effort is required
Work Schedule & Conditions: • Equipment used includes, PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment
• Interface with internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position
• Work ls performed in a climate-controlled office with minimal exposure to safety hazards
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Currently certified as a Medical Assistant or other certificate or license as deemed sufficient by the Program Director
• Current CPR certification must include adult, child and infant CPR and obstructed airway for each age group; certification required within 90 days of starting
Benefits Marketing Statement:
By joining our top notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization recognized for the 3rd year in a row as a "Great College To Work For". We offer a supportive, collegial work environment, excellent work/life balance, tuition reimbursement, participation in the TIAA-CREF retirement plan and more.
How to Apply:
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY!
Application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivery will not be accepted.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check
Primary Location: US-Texas-Cypress
9191 Barker Cypress Rd (0500)
9191 Barker Cypress Rd
Job: Student Services
Organization: LSC Cy Fair - 05
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: Sep 5, 2018, 11:07:25 AM