Adjunct Faculty, Geology
DescriptionCommitment to Mission:
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- Students Matter
- Inspire Excellence
- Act Intentionally
- Better Together
- No Fear!
Lone Star College-Creekside Center
Lone Star College, located in the north metropolitan Houston area, is one of the largest and fastest growing community colleges in the country featuring six comprehensive colleges and 10 centers with over 95,000 credit and non-credit students each semester, an annual budget exceeding $500,000,000, and 7,300 employees spread over a 2100 square mile area.
LSC adds $3.1 billion to the local and regional economy by providing educational opportunities across the north Houston region.
LSC-Creekside Center is a state-of-the-art, full-service satellite center designed to serve the western portion of the Woodlands, as well as Tomball and the surrounding communities. Its location in an area of rapid growth provides an ideal opportunity for both working and non-traditional students. The facility offers a selection of day, evening and weekend credit courses, including university-transfer courses and certificates.
Campus address is 8747 West New Harmony Trail. The Woodlands, Texas 77375
Adjunct faculty are hired in a part-time capacity on a semester-by-semester basis, contingent upon the needs of the System. Lone Star College System accepts application material year-round from qualified applicants willing to teach on a part-time basis. Adjunct (part-time) faculty hiring is based on student demand. We offer day, evening, and weekend classes. Classes are offered at various times and locations during the academic year. As a rule, adjunct faculty may teach a maximum of five classes per academic year.
- Teaches a variety of courses in Geology
- Submits timely required college reports and forms
- Develops and utilizes a course syllabus for each course, following established institutional guidelines
- Advises students in academic matters
- Provides timely, quality access to students through electronic communication and other appropriate methods
- Evaluates students by a variety of means to measure their progress in achieving course objectives and inform them in a timely manner of their progress
- Maintains professional relationships with students, colleagues, and the community
- Maintains professional and consistent communication with Department Chairs and the Division Staff
- Participates in professional development activities, as offered and/or needed
- Plans, develops, and uses a variety of teaching methods and materials that assist students in meeting course objectives, and which are appropriate for students with different educational and experiential backgrounds and learning styles
- Interacts with other faculty; communicates with students outside of the classroom
- Responsible for other reasonable, related duties as assigned
- Basic computer skills
- Mastery of course content
- Commitment to academic excellence, exceptional service, and providing a dynamic climate for lifelong learning
- Excellent in communication and interpersonal skills, and student engagement
- Minimal physical effort is required
$41.75 per contact hour
Work Schedule & Conditions:
- Hours will vary depending on class time. Instructors are required to meet with classes at all scheduled times and be available to students outside of class instruction
Please go to your profile page. To add a file, select the "attachments" tab. Click on the "add" tab. Click "Browse" and select the file you want to attach. Then click "attach." It will redirect you back to the general profile page. Repeat steps to add additional documents.
Tips: You can only attach a maximum of five (5) files no larger than 2MB (2097151 bytes) each. The total file capacity is 10MB. If your individual file exceeds the file limit, you will receive an error message. The search tool recruiter’s use for candidates will not be able to analyze the content of some attached files, mostly image files, and compressed files (zip). The recommended file attachments are word or pdf files.
Please include the requisition number and your name in the title of your file. You must limit your file name to 40 characters or less.
- Master’s Degree in Geology or Earth Science, or a Master's degree with 18 graduate hours in Geology or other Earth Sciences
By joining our top notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization recognized for the 3rd year in a row as a "Great College To Work For". We offer a supportive, collegial work environment, excellent work/life balance, tuition reimbursement, participation in the TIAA-CREF retirement plan and more.
How to Apply:
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY!
Application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivery will not be accepted.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check
Primary Location: US-Texas-The Woodlands
8747 West New Harmony Trail (0303)
8747 West New Harmony Trail
Job: Student Services
Organization: LSC Tomball - 03
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Staff
Job Posting: Nov 6, 2017, 11:58:34 AM