Adjunct Faculty, Computer Information Systems
DescriptionCommitment to Mission:
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- Students Matter
- Inspire Excellence
- Act Intentionally
- Better Together
- No Fear!
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance.
Campus Marketing Statement:
Lone Star College-Conroe Center
Lone Star College, located in the north metropolitan Houston area, is one of the largest and fastest growing community colleges in the country featuring six comprehensive colleges and 10 centers with over 95,000 credit and non-credit students each semester, an annual budget exceeding $500,000,000, and 7,300 employees spread over a 2100 square mile area.
LSC adds $3.1 billion to the local and regional economy by providing educational opportunities across the north Houston region.
Lone Star College–Conroe Center, the premiere student-centered educational institution in Montgomery County, serves Conroe, Willis, and the northern county communities. LSC–Conroe Center provides a relaxing and supportive learning atmosphere through certificate and college classes and workforce programs such as automotive technology, machining, and welding.
Campus address is 777 Conroe Park Drive North. Conroe, Texas 77303.
Adjunct faculty are hired in a part-time capacity on a semester-by-semester basis, contingent upon the needs of the System. Lone Star College System accepts application material year-round from qualified applicants willing to teach on a part-time basis. Adjunct (part-time) faculty hiring is based on student demand. We offer day, evening, and weekend classes. Classes are offered at various times and locations during the academic year. As a rule, adjunct faculty may teach a maximum of five classes per academic year.
- Teaches courses at a variety of times and locations.
- Submits timely required college reports and forms.
- Develops and utilizes a course syllabus for each course following established institutional guidelines.
- Advises students in academic matters.
- Provides timely, quality access to students through posted office hours, electronic communication and other appropriate methods.
- Evaluates students by a variety of means to measure their progress in achieving course objectives and inform them in a timely manner of their progress.
- Maintains professional relationships with students, colleagues, and the community.
- Attends meetings, trainings, and orientations as required.
- Responsible for other reasonable, related duties as assigned.
- Mastery of course content.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to incorporate technology into the classroom.
- Basic computer skills.
- Commitment to academic excellence, exceptional service, and providing a dynamic climate for lifelong learning
- Minimal physical effort is required
$41.75 per contact hour
Work Schedule & Conditions:
- Hours will vary depending on class time. Instructors are required to meet with classes at all scheduled times and be available to students outside of class instruction
Please go to your profile page. To add a file, select the "attachments" tab. Click on the "add" tab. Click "Browse" and select the file you want to attach. Then click "attach." It will redirect you back to the general profile page. Repeat steps to add additional documents.
Tips: You can only attach a maximum of five (5) files no larger than 2MB (2097151 bytes) each. The total file capacity is 10MB. If your individual file exceeds the file limit, you will receive an error message. The search tool recruiter’s use for candidates will not be able to analyze the content of some attached files, mostly image files, and compressed files (zip). The recommended file attachments are word or pdf files.
Please include the requisition number and your name in the title of your file. You must limit your file name to 40 characters or less.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer information systems, computer information technology, computer engineering, or computer-based information systems, instructional technology, or business/computer related field (e.g., computer management, decision, data processing, and 3 years non-teaching work experience in the field or industry certification(s).
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization that offers a supportive, collegial work environment, excellent work/life balance, tuition waiver, participation in the TIAA-CREF retirement plan and more.
How to Apply:
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY!
We will not accept application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option
to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check
Primary Location: US-Texas-Conroe
3200 College Park Dr (0400)
3200 College Park Dr
Job: Student Services
Organization: LSC Conroe Center - 0401
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: Nov 30, 2017, 12:18:18 PM