Adjunct Faculty, Education-Associate of Art in Teaching
Commitment to Mission:
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- Students Matter
- Inspire Excellence
- Act Intentionally
- Better Together
- No Fear!
The Chronicle of Higher Education’s “Great Colleges to Work For” is designed to recognize colleges that have been successful in creating great workplaces and to further research and understanding of the factors, dynamics and influences that have the most impact on organizational culture at higher education institutions.
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance.
Campus Marketing Statement:
Lone Star College-CyFair
Lone Star College, located in the north metropolitan Houston area, is one of the largest and fastest growing community colleges in the country featuring six comprehensive colleges and 10 centers with over 95,000 credit and non-credit students each semester, an annual budget exceeding $500,000,000, and 7,300 employees spread over a 2100 square mile area.
LSC adds $3.1 billion to the local and regional economy by providing educational opportunities across the north Houston region. Lone Star College-CyFair, a comprehensive community college for the 21st century, provides a dynamic, collaborative learning environment for life-long learning centered on learning engagement.
Located in suburban northwest Houston in the heart of the CyFair Community, the college provides a full range of offerings including unique programs in fire science technology, logistics management and sonography. Since opening our award winning campus in 2003, the college has experienced record growth and supports an exciting learning environment that brings together state-of-the-art technology and active, collaborative learning.
Campus address is 9191 Barker Cypress Road. Cypress, Texas. 77433-1383.
Adjunct faculty are hired in a part-time capacity on a semester-by-semester basis, contingent upon the needs of the System. Lone Star College System accepts application material year-round from qualified applicants willing to teach on a part-time basis. Adjunct (part-time) faculty hiring is based on student demand. We offer day, evening, and weekend classes. Classes are offered at various times and locations during the academic year. As a rule, adjunct faculty may teach a maximum of five classes per academic year.
- Teaches EDUC/AAT courses atLone Star College - Cy Fair at a variety of times.
- Submitsrequired college reports and forms in a timely manner.
- Developsand utilizes a course syllabus for each course, following establishedinstitutional guidelines.
- Workswith Center staff in developing and supporting student success initiatives.
- Providestimely, quality access to students via electronic communication and otherappropriate methods, including office hours.
- Evaluatesstudents by a variety of means to measure their progress in achieving courseobjectives and informs them in a timely manner of their progress.
- Maintainsprofessional relationships with students, colleagues, and the community.
- Attendsmeetings, training's, and orientations as required. May be required to travel toother campuses.
- Responsiblefor other reasonable, related duties, as assigned.
- Minimal physical effort is required
$41.75 per contact hour
Work Schedule & Conditions:
- Hours will vary depending on class time. Instructors are required to meet with classes at all scheduled times and be available to students outside of class instruction
Please go to your profile page. To add a file, select the"attachments" tab. Click on the "add" tab. Click"Browse" and select the file you want to attach. Then click"attach." It will redirect you back to the general profile page.Repeat steps to add additional documents.
Tips: You can only attach a maximum of five (5) files nolarger than 2MB (2047 KB) each. The total file capacity is 10MB. If yourindividual file exceeds the file limit, you will receive an error message. Thesearch tool recruiter's use for candidates will not be able to analyze thecontent of some attached files, mostly image files, and compressed files (zip).The recommended file attachments are word or pdf files.
You must limit your file name to 40 characters or less.
Duration of Job Posting:
Position posted until filled
- Master's degree in Education or Master's degreewith 18 graduate hours in Education; or, Master's degree in Child Developmentor Master's degree with 18 graduate hours in Child Development.
- A license/certification to teach in K-12 schools
- At least 3 years teaching experience
- Experience teaching special populations
- Experience with a variety of technology tools
- Experience integrating technology in the classroom
By joining our top notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization recognized for the 3rd year in a row as a "Great College To Work For". We offer a supportive, collegial work environment, excellent work/life balance, tuition reimbursement, participation in the TIAA-CREF retirement plan and more.
How to Apply:
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY!
Application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivery will not be accepted.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check
Primary Location: US-Texas-Cypress
9191 Barker Cypress Rd (0500)
9191 Barker Cypress Rd
Job: Student Services
Organization: LSC Cy Fair - 05
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: May 2, 2018, 3:16:32 PM