Adjunct, Certified Nursing Assistant CTE-CE
Commitment to Mission:
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- Students Matter
- Inspire Excellence
- Act Intentionally
- Better Together
- No Fear!
Campus Marketing Statement:
Lone Star College-CyFair-Fairbanks Center
Lone Star College, located in the north metropolitan Houston area, is one of the largest and fastest growing community colleges in the country featuring six comprehensive colleges and 10 centers with over 95,000 credit and non-credit students each semester, an annual budget exceeding $500,000,000, and 7,300 employees spread over a 2100 square mile area.
Fairbanks Center, a satellite center of LSC-CyFair, is located at Highway 290 and West Little York Road, near the Sam Houston Tollway. The center provides a variety of services to students including advising, registration, counseling, and tutoring. Academic programs include basic transfer courses, developmental studies, and English for Speakers of Other Languages.
Campus address is 14955 Northwest Freeway/Hwy 290 Houston, Texas 77040.
CE instructors are hired in a part-time capacity on a semester-by-semester basis, contingent upon the needs of the System. Lone Star College System accepts application material year-round from qualified applicants willing to teach on a part-time basis. CE instructor hiring is based on student demand. We offer day, evening, and weekend classes. Classes are offered at various times and locations during the academic year. As a rule, CE instructors may not in excess of 19.5 hours each week. Applications submitted on-line are accessed and reviewed by hiring managers as the need to hire arises. There is normally no communication with applicants unless they are selected for an interview.
- Teaches Continuing Education courses in the Certified Nurse Aide Program.
- Develops and utilizes a course syllabus for each course following established institutional guidelines.
- Instructs students in lecture, on-site laboratory, and off-site clinical facilities, correlating theory with the practice of basic nursing care for residents of long-term facilities in preparation for the state certification examination.
- Complies with state requirements established by DADS (Department of Aging and Disability Services) and assist state examiner with student testing by providing support to the examiner as needed on state-assigned testing dates
- Performs ongoing, written student evaluations in the form of a Skills Inventory and evaluates student comprehension by administering written tests based on lecture/lab materials, and provides oral and written feedback to students as appropriate.
- Evaluates students by a variety of means to measure their progress in achieving course objectives and inform them in a timely manner of their progress
- Submits required college reports and forms
- Provides timely, quality access to students through posted office hours, electronic communication and other appropriate methods.
- Maintains professional relationships with students, colleagues, and the community
- Responsible for other reasonable, related duties as assigned.
- Commitment to academic excellence, student success, exceptional service, and providing a dynamic climate for lifelong learning.
- Willingness to embrace new instructional modalities to improve the teaching-learning process.
- Ability to use effective strategies to engage student in their learning.
- Picking, pinching, typing, or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand as in handling
- Picking, holding, or otherwise working primarily with the whole hand
- Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body
- Ability to push, pull, squat, turn, twist, bend and stoop.
- Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discrimination in sound
- Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction
- Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word including those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly or quickly
- Close visual acuity to perform an activity such as; preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; and/or extensive reading.
41.75 per contact hourWork Schedule & Conditions:
- Work is performed primarily in a climate-controlled office and/or medical lab environment with exposure to health or safety hazards typical in the medical industry
Please go to your profile page. To add a file, select the "attachments" tab. Click on the "add" tab. Click "Browse" and select the file you want to attach. Then click "attach." It will redirect you back to the general profile page. Repeat steps to add additional documents.
Tips: You cannot attach a file that exceeds the allocated limit of 1024 kilobytes. You can attach a maximum of 10 files at a time. The search tool recruiter’s use for candidates will not be able to analyze the content of some attached files, mostly image files, and compressed files (zip). The recommended file attachments are word or pdf files. Please include the requisition number and your name in the title of your file. You must limit your file name to 40 characters or less.
Please include the requisition number and your name in the title of your file. You must limit your file name to 40 characters or less.
Duration of Job Posting:
Posted until filled
- One year of long-term care experience
- Some teaching experience
- RN or LVN
Benefits Marketing Statement:
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization recognized for the 3rd year in a row as a "Great College To Work For". We offer a supportive, collegial work environment, excellent work/life balance, tuition reimbursement, participation in the TIAA-CREF retirement plan and more.
How to Apply:
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY!
We will not accept application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivery.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.
Primary Location: US-Texas-Houston
14955 NW Fwy/Hwy 290 (0501)
14955 NW Fwy/Hwy 290
Job: Student Services
Organization: System Office - 00
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: May 17, 2018, 4:45:54 PM