Adjunct Faculty, Computer Information Systems
Commitment to Mission:
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- Students Matter
- Inspire Excellence
- Act Intentionally
- Better Together
- No Fear!
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance.
Campus Marketing Statement:
Lone Star College-CyFair-Cypress Center
Lone Star College, located in the north metropolitan Houston area, is one of the largest and fastest growing community colleges in the country featuring six comprehensive colleges and 10 centers with over 95,000 credit and non-credit students each semester, an annual budget exceeding $500,000,000, and 7,300 employees spread over a 2100 square mile area.
Campus address is 19710 Clay Rd. Katy, Texas 77449
It is the responsibility of the teaching faculty to provide the learning activities and support that will lead to the achievement of the course objectives and contribute to the educational environment of the college and the community. Primary responsibilities are to plan, develop and teach courses within the curriculum in a manner that facilitates student learning.
Adjunct faculty are hired in a part-time capacity on a semester-by-semester basis, contingent upon the needs of the System. Lone Star College System accepts application material year-round from qualified applicants willing to teach on a part-time basis. Adjunct (part-time) faculty hiring is based on student demand. We offer day, evening, and weekend classes. Classes are offered at various times and locations during the academic year. As a rule, adjunct faculty may teach a maximum of five classes per academic year.
- Teaches Computer Information Technology courses.
- Submits required college reports and forms in a timely manner.
- Develops and follows a course syllabus for each course, following established institutional guidelines.
- Meets with and advises students either before or after class or by appointment, electronic communication, or other appropriate methods.
- Evaluates students to measure their progress in achieving course objectives and informs students in a timely manner of their progress.
- Maintains professional relationships with students, colleagues, and the community.
- Attends meetings, trainings, and orientations as required.
- Responsible for other reasonable, related duties as assigned.
Mastery of course contentDemonstrated leadership skills; style that emphasizes collaboration, teamwork, and facilitationExcellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skillsCommitment to diversity; ability to appreciate alternative viewpoints; ability to work effectively with a wide variety of peopleDemonstrates interest in interdisciplinary teaching, service learning, learning technologies, course development, and adult learning methodologies including collaborative learning, learning communities and distance learningCommitment to academic excellence, exceptional service and providing a dynamic climate for life-long learningDemonstrated ability to develop and implement instructional approaches such as service learning/civic engagement, learning communities, and the effective use of technologyAbility to use effective strategies to engage students in their learningPhysical Abilities:
$41.75 per contact hour
Work Schedule & Conditions:
- Hours will vary depending on class time. Instructors are required to meet with classes at all scheduled times and be available to students outside of class instruction
- PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment.
- Internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position.
- Work is performed in a climate-controlled office with minimal exposure to safety hazards.
Please go to your profile page. To add a file, select the "attachments" tab. Click on the "add" tab. Click "Browse" and select the file you want to attach. Then click "attach." It will redirect you back to the general profile page. Repeat steps to add additional documents.
Tips: You can only attach a maximum of five (5) files no larger than 2MB (2047 kilobytes.) each. The total file capacity is 10MB. If your individual file exceeds the file limit, you will receive an error message. The search tool recruiter’s use for candidates will not be able to analyze the content of some attached files, mostly image files, and compressed files (zip). The recommended file attachments are word or pdf files.
Please include the requisition number and your name in the title of your file. You must limit your file name to 40 characters or less.
Duration of Job Posting:
Posted until filled
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer information systems, computer information technology, computer engineering, or computer-based information systems, instructional technology, or business/computer related field (e.g., computer management, decision engineering, data processing, and 3 years non- teaching work experience in the field or industry certification(s).
Benefits Marketing Statement:
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization that offers a supportive, collegial work environment, excellent work/life balance, tuition waiver, participation in the TIAA-CREF retirement plan and more.
How to Apply:
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY!
We will not accept application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option
to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check
Primary Location: US-Texas-Houston
19710 Clay Rd (0502)
19710 Clay Rd
Job: Student Services
Organization: LSC Cypress Center - 0502
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: May 7, 2018, 4:39:33 PM