Part-Time Instructor, Mechanical, Electrical & Fluid Power-Corporate College
Commitment to Mission:
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- Students Matter
- Inspire Excellence
- Act Intentionally
- Better Together
- No Fear!
Lone Star College, located in the north metropolitan Houston area, is one of the largest and fastest growing community colleges in the country featuring six comprehensive colleges and 10 centers with over 95,000 credit and non-credit students each semester, an annual budget exceeding $500,000,000, and 7,300 employees spread over a 2100 square mile area.
LSC adds $3.1 billion to the local and regional economy by providing educational opportunities across the north Houston region.
Lone Star College-System Office employees are based at one of two System Office locations; The Woodlands and University Park. Both are the site for multiple administrative departments and system-wide training programs.
This position is located at the LSC-System Office, University Park location at 20515 SH 249 (SH 249 and Louetta Road) Houston, Texas 77070-2607.
It is the responsibility of the teaching Instructors to provide the learning activities and support that will lead to the achievement of the course objectives and contribute to the educational environment of the college and the community. Primary responsibilities are to plan, develop and teach courses within the curriculum in a manner that facilitates student learning.
Part-time CC Instructors are hired in a part-time capacity, contingent upon the needs of the College and its’ corporate clients. In partnership with our clients, you will be the direct key to creating a successful outcome in the education of our clients' employee populations in learning new mechanical and/or electrical and/or fluid power skills as indicated below.
- Delivers training in one or more of the following programs: Mechanical - or Electrical- or Fluid Power (Hydraulics and Pneumatics) programs using related materials to support training objectives
- Reviews course content and objectives
- Conducts training sessions and provides feedback for evaluating the effectiveness of training activities
- Maintains professional relationships with students, colleagues and the community
- Works with Corporate College to continuously improve instructional quality by reviewing and utilizing innovative methodologies, techniques, and delivery methods
- Evaluates students by a variety of means to measure their progress in achieving course objectives and inform them in a timely manner of their progress
- Responsible for other reasonable, related duties as assigned
- Ability to work with Corporate College staff and plant personnel to meet varying training schedules and course feedback
- Must have excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills; must have demonstrated problem-solving ability
- Ability to communicate, understand and meet needs of less technical customers
- Must demonstrate instructional skills
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends
- Ability to manage complex projects demonstrating a high degree of judgment, tact and discretion
- Skilled in Windows environment with basic proficiency with common office software (word processing, spreadsheets.)
Work Schedule & Conditions:
- Typically anytime between 6am-6pm. Instructors are required to meet with classes at all scheduled times and be available to students outside of class instruction.
- High school diploma or higher and at least 3 years of verified, paid work experience in industry as an electrical/electronics and/or mechanical maintenance and/or fluid systems specialist
- Work experience and significant hands-on and classroom training experience in one or more of the following:
- Mechanical systems (e.g., manufacturing, assembly, maintenance)
- Industrial electrical/electronic systems (e.g., automation, programmable logic controllers, motor controls)
- Technical math
- Blueprint and/or schematic reading
- Precision measurement
- Occupational and equipment safety
- Experience in adapting training techniques to students of both technical and nontechnical backgrounds
- Associate’s degree or higher in a related field
Benefits Marketing Statement:
By joining our top notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization recognized for the 3rd year in a row as a "Great College To Work For". We offer a supportive, collegial work environment, excellent work/life balance, tuition reimbursement, participation in the TIAA-CREF retirement plan and more.
How to Apply:
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY!
Application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivery will not be accepted.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.
Primary Location: US-Texas-Houston
20515 SH 249 (SH 249 and Louetta Rd) (0801)
20515 SH 249
Job: Academic Affairs
Organization: System Office - 00
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: Sep 5, 2018, 9:10:09 AM