Adjunct Faculty, Biology
Commitment to Mission:
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- Students Matter
- Inspire Excellence
- Act Intentionally
- Better Together
- No Fear!
The Chronicle of Higher Education’s “Great Colleges to Work For” is designed to recognize colleges that have been successful in creating great workplaces and to further research and understanding of the factors, dynamics and influences that have the most impact on organizational culture at higher education institutions.
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance.
Campus Marketing Statement:
Lone Star College-University Park
Lone Star College, located in the north metropolitan Houston area, is one of the largest and fastest growing community colleges in the country featuring six comprehensive colleges and 10 centers with over 95,000 credit and non-credit students each semester, an annual budget exceeding $500,000,000, and 7,300 employees spread over a 2100 square mile area.
LSC adds $3.1 billion to the local and regional economy by providing educational opportunities across the north Houston region.
Founded in 2010, LSC-University Park is located on a 71-acre campus that includes the comprehensive Lone Star College campus along with Lone Star Corporate College, the LSC-Energy & Manufacturing Center, multiple university partners, a charter high school, several commercial tenants and much more creating the college of the future. LSC-UP’s vision is to be nationally recognized as the model for the innovative college of the 21st century. LSC-UP’s “Invitation to Innovate” (i2i) has resulted in local, national and international awards and recognitions, including one patent.
Campus address is 20515 SH 249 (SH 249 and Louetta Road) Houston, Texas 77070-2607
Adjunct faculty are hired in a part-time capacity on a semester-by-semester basis, contingent upon the needs of the System. Lone Star College System accepts application material year-round from qualified applicants willing to teach on a part-time basis. Adjunct (part-time) faculty hiring is based on student demand. We offer day, evening, and weekend classes. Classes are offered at various times and locations during the academic year. As a rule, adjunct faculty may teach a maximum of five classes per academic year.
- Teaches Biology courses at a variety of times and locations.
- Submits timely required college reports and forms.
- Develops and utilizes a course syllabus for each course, following established institutional guidelines.
- Advises students in academic matters.
- Provides timely, quality access to students via electronic communication and other appropriate methods.
- Evaluates students by a variety of means to measure their progress.
- Maintains professional relationship with students, colleagues and the community.
- Attends meetings, trainings, and orientations as required.
- Responsible for other reasonable, related duties as assigned.
- Basic computer skills
- Mastery of course content
- Commitment to academic excellence, student success, exceptional service, and providing a dynamic climate for lifelong learning
- Excellent in communication and interpersonal skills, and student engagement
• Minimal physical effort is required.
$41.75 per contact hour
Work Schedule & Conditions:
- PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment
- Internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position
- A climate-controlled office with minimal exposure to safety hazards is the general work environment, unless otherwise stated in job announcement.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time within the LSC System and/or out of state with some overnight stays to support recruiting events in the spring and fall semesters.
Please go to your profile page. To add a file, select the "attachments" tab. Click on the "add" tab. Click "Browse" and select the file you want to attach. Then click "attach." It will redirect you back to the general profile page. Repeat steps to add additional documents.
Tips: You cannot attach a file that exceeds the allocated limit of 1024 kilobytes. You can attach a maximum of 10 files at a time. The search tool recruiter’s use for candidates will not be able to analyze the content of some attached files, mostly image files, and compressed files (zip). The recommended file attachments are word or pdf files.
Please include the requisition number and your name in the title of your file. You must limit your file name to 40 characters or less.
- A master’s degree or higher in theoretical or applied biology or life sciences or a master’s degree or higher with 18 graduate credit hours in theoretical or applied biology or life sciences or MD, DDS, DC, DVM with college level anatomy and/or physiology courses
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization that offers offer a supportive, collegial work environment, excellent work/life balance, tuition reimbursement, participation in the TIAA-CREF retirement plan and more.
How to Apply:
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY!
Application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivery will not be accepted.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option
to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.
Primary Location: US-Texas-Houston
20515 Highway 249 - LSC University Park (0800)
20515 Highway 249
Job: Academic Affairs
Organization: LSC University Park - 08
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: Jul 16, 2018, 9:57:07 AM