Digital Learning Architect Principal
Job Purpose: Provide Enterprise architect skills to design and implement innovative pilots and solutions in digital learning utilizing local and cloud resources. Work with cloud vendors both on the business side as well as security and implementation. Identify ideas, solutions, and resources in response to academic client needs and innovations for use in instruction and course development. Collaborate extensively with other Georgia Tech units to design, implement and deploy innovative solutions. Develop and deliver expertise, integration, monitoring, troubleshooting, and optimization for academic applications and systems in partnership with clients and cloud providers.
- Provide direction and advanced technology expertise and support to partner faculty, staff, and project teams from initiation to completion for a variety of educational technology initiatives, to include, but not limited to, production Information Technology platforms for massive scale online digital learning content delivery and pilots of emerging and novel academic capabilities.
- Provide principal technical expertise in rapidly-changing platforms and platform options, configuration, and procedures, as well as in-depth evaluation of new platforms.
- Consult upon, integrate, and manage the technical aspects of educational content delivery solutions, platform configurations, as well as add-on tools and capabilities.
- Train digital learning staff in how to analyze, troubleshoot, and resolve a wide variety of highly complex platform problems and advanced technical issues; and train/mentor other digital learning specialists as needed.
- Design, develop, and implement one or more archive solutions for educational content assets.
- Perform principal level requirements analysis definition, design, development/modification, implementation, integration, and pilot for new and existing academic applications and platforms, utilizing holistic approaches consistent and coordinated with Georgia Tech overall information technology strategies.
- Lead efforts to align infrastructure, systems, and support structures to support the Georgia Tech academic programs; provide tactical and strategic advice to leadership, project management, and partner groups, liaison with user/functional management.
- Work with academic partners and faculty to analyze applications, platforms, and service offering architectures, specifications, and functionality to determine viable options for desired new academic capabilities.
- Identify ideas, solutions, and resources in response to academic client needs and innovations for use in instruction and course development; provide coordination and management of the overall educational technology experience in supported production and pilot uses.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Basic Qualifications:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Information or Educational Technology, Engineering, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Work Experience: Eight to ten years job related experience
- Certifications: N/A
- Skills: This job requires advanced knowledge of how to lead, coordinate, or train others to analyze, troubleshoot, and resolve highly complex customer technology and vendors issues, particularly within or among cloud-based services; Advanced knowledge of application development, integration, administration, and service delivery, particularly with Web, Digital Learning Technology, or Cloud-based applications, services, and capabilities; Skills in planning, organizing, and multi-tasking in order to meet deadlines, and in coordinating the work of others; Excellent skills in service delivery, customer focus, and relationship management; Expert knowledge of multiple operating system environments, including web browsers; Excellent oral and written communication skills, and ability to independently plan and execute communications and training; Excellent team and interpersonal skills in a matrix environment; Ability to cultivate a culture of teamwork within a team and with partners; Highly responsive, positive, organized, detail-oriented, self-motivated, and able to effectively coordinate and multi-task competing priorities; Advanced knowledge of massive open online courses, online learning, and/or learning management system environments; Strong skills in analysis, design, and implementation of large-scale systems/Information Technology architectures and services, of high criticality and/or requiring integration of multiple technologies or services; Basic knowledge of cloud technologies such as cloud computing services, Software as a Service, Platform as a Service, and Infrastructure as a Service; Proven ability to serve as resource of last resort in analyzing, troubleshooting, and resolving the most complex issues in large-scale systems/Information Technology architectures and services; Skills in rapid development of deep expertise in new technologies; Advanced knowledge of Digital Asset and Content management and delivery tools; Knowledge of large-scale scripting and automation of tasks; Knowledge of the university or public sector environment; Knowledge of project management tracking tools.
Qualifications Preferred Qualifications:
- Preferred Education: Masters degree in Information or Educational Technology, Computer Science, or Engineering
- Preferred Work Experience: N/A
- Preferred Certifications: N/A
- Preferred Skills: Real world experience with enterprise level cloud environments using Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud (GCP) and/or Microsoft Azure. Certification in any of these is a plus. Expert experience monitoring production application systems, performance optimization, root cause analysis, and advanced troubleshooting. Advanced knowledge of platform support and/or digital learning solutions integration and delivery and/or educational technology solutions integration and delivery. Expert skills in technical writing, documentation, and/or training are preferred. Working knowledge of Digital Asset and Content management and delivery tools. Familiarity with University policies, compliance, and procedures.
- Additional Information: On call and shift work is required.
Department DescriptionThe Office of Information Technology (OIT) provides information technology leadership and support to the Georgia Institute of Technology, working in partnership with academic and business units to meet the unique needs of a leading research university. OIT serves as the primary source of enterprise-wide information technology and telecommunications services in support of students, faculty, staff, and researchers.