RESEARCH SPECIALIST A
Posting DetailsPosting Details Reference Number 40-31946 Posted Job Title RESEARCH SPECIALIST A School Name Perelman School of Medicine Org CI-Center for Cellular Immunotherapy Posted to the Web 05/14/2019 Posted Job/Salary Grade 024 Employment Type Exempt Hours N/A Position Type Full Time Position Schedule 9-6pm Months 12 Position Length Contingent Upon Funding Position End Date University Overview
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn’s distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.School/Center Overview
The Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania is the oldest and one of the finest medical schools in the United States. Penn is rich in tradition and heritage and at the same time consistently at the forefront of new developments and innovations in medical education and research. Since its founding in 1765 the School has been a strong presence in the community and prides itself on educating the leaders of tomorrow in patient care, biomedical research, and medical education. http://www.med.upenn.edu/Duties
A position is available for a motivated and detail-oriented individual looking for a position as an entry level research specialist. The position is part of a newly established research group in the Center for Cellular Immunotherapies (CCI). The laboratory consists of a cancer biology team focused on discovery, proof-of-concept, optimization and preclinical development with the goal of advancing cellular therapies for solid tumors into the clinic. The main responsibilities of the position will be to maintain laboratory reagent and supply inventories, keeping laboratory records (i.e., regulatory and administrative documents) up-to-date, performance of experiments that entail cell culture, basic molecular biology techniques, flow cytometry, cytokine measurements and animal experiments.Qualifications
A Bachelor’s Degree and 0 to 1 year of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Previous work experience strongly preferred.
* Prior research experience at the undergraduate level preferred.
* Capable of maintaining articulate documentation of daily tasks;
* Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills;
* Exhibit a great attitude as a team player who excels in a demanding environment;
* Strong multitasking abilities and a high-level of reliability and dependability;
* Results-oriented, establish clear expectations, priorities and goals;
* Use good judgement and problem-solving logic;
* Self-starter with a strong desire to contribute to the programmatic mission.
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.Special Requirements Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job. Quick Link http://jobs.hr.upenn.edu/postings/46274 Posting Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- [email protected]
- Contacted by a Penn Recruiter
- Referred by a Penn Employee
- Referred by a friend or family member
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC)
- Inside Higher Ed
- Other Internet Advertisement
- Other Social Media Site
- Professional Affiliation/Trade Website
- Diversity Association/Publication Website
- Heard about it at a conference or career fair
- Apple One
- Recruitment and/or staffing agency
- * What is your highest level of education completed?
- Less than high school education
- High School Diploma or GED
- Vocational or Technical School
- Associate's Degree or Two Year College
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- PHD/MD/JD or equivalent doctoral degree
- * How many years of experience do you have related to this position?
- 0 to 1 Year
- 1 to 2 Years
- 2 to 3 Years
- 3 to 5 Years
- 5 to 7 Years
- 7 to 10 Years
- Over 10 Years
- Cover Letter