ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT, RESEARCH
Posting DetailsPosting Details Reference Number 90-32041 Posted Job Title ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT, RESEARCH School Name Development and Alumni Relations Org Penn Medicine Development Posted to the Web 05/14/2019 Posted Job/Salary Grade 024 Employment Type Non-Exempt Hours 40.00 Position Type Full Time Position Schedule 8:30am-5:30pm Months 12 Position Length Ongoing Position End Date University Overview
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn’s distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.School/Center Overview
The Development and Alumni Relations organization at the University of Pennsylvania is one of the premier development organizations in the world.
Penn’s Development and Alumni Relations (DAR) team members benefit from an exceptional work environment where professional excellence and individual pride in achievement are grounded in a strong institutional commitment to integrity and collegiality as we strive for collective success. For talented and innovative individuals, a career at the University of Pennsylvania offers the chance to be part of an exceptionally exciting environment at the nation’s first university.
We seek talented individuals who will constitute a community that draws on the strength that comes with a substantive institutional commitment to diversity. Diversity is prized at Penn as a central component of our mission and helps create an educational and working environment that best supports the University’s commitment to excellence in teaching, research, and scholarship.
Penn’s commitment to achieving eminence through diversity is ultimately a commitment to creating a more vibrant university so that our employees will be both stimulated and empowered to shape a better world. http://darrecruiting.upenn.edu/why-choose-penn/about-dar
Penn Medicine is one of the world’s leading academic medical centers, dedicated to the related missions of medical education, biomedical research, and excellence in patient care. Penn Medicine consists of the Raymond and Ruth Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania (founded in 1765 as the nation’s first medical school) and the University of Pennsylvania Health System, which together form a $6.7 billion enterprise.
The Perelman School of Medicine has been ranked among the top five medical schools in the United States for the past 20 years, according to U.S. News & World Report’s survey of research oriented medical schools. The School is consistently among the nation’s top recipients of funding from the National Institutes of Health, with $392 million awarded in the 2016 fiscal year.
The University of Pennsylvania Health System’s patient care facilities include: The Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania and Penn Presbyterian Medical Center which are recognized as one of the nation’s top Honor Roll hospitals by U.S. News & World Report Chester County Hospital; Lancaster General Health; Penn Wissahickon Hospice; and Pennsylvania Hospital, the nation’s first hospital, founded in 1751. Additional affiliated inpatient care facilities and services throughout the Philadelphia region include Good Shepherd Penn Partners, a partnership between Good Shepherd Rehabilitation Network and Penn Medicine.
Penn Medicine is committed to improving lives and health through a variety of community-based programs and activities. In fiscal year 2016, Penn Medicine provided $393 million to benefit our community.
Serves as a Development Assistant for Research, which consists of a Senior Director of Development Data, Research, and Analysis and the Research and Reports teams. Research and Reports provide in-depth research services for a department of 115 staff members at Penn Medicine Development and Alumni Relations. This position supports the Research and Reports team, with occasional duties assigned by the Chief Executive Director of Operations.
1. Under limited supervision, provide administrative support to the Research and Reports team at PMDAR, as well as the Operations team.
2. Manage Wealth Engine screenings at PMDAR.
3. Assist the Research team to complete Event Strategies for senior leadership at PMDAR.
4. Manage and maintain the distribution and archiving of files, subscriptions, and reports.
5. Prepare reports on expenses, processing purchases, travel arrangements, and reimbursements.
6. Provide assistance to other major projects for Operations.
7. Perform basic office tasks: provide telephone coverage, proofread documents, create and work with confidential documents, photocopy & fax documents, arrange meetings, run errands (on occasion) and other general office duties as needed/assigned.
1. High School Diploma required. Bachelor’s degree desired.
2. 3-5 years’ experience required. Development experience highly desirable.
3. Knowledge of both Word and computer databases as used in development research is a plus.
4. Excellent written communications and analytical skills are required.
5. Ability to work on multiple projects & meet tight deadlines is essential.
6. Ability to attend staff events as needed.
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.Special Requirements Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job. Quick Link http://jobs.hr.upenn.edu/postings/46275 Posting Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- [email protected]
- Contacted by a Penn Recruiter
- Referred by a Penn Employee
- Referred by a friend or family member
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC)
- Inside Higher Ed
- Other Internet Advertisement
- Other Social Media Site
- Professional Affiliation/Trade Website
- Diversity Association/Publication Website
- Heard about it at a conference or career fair
- Apple One
- Recruitment and/or staffing agency
- * What is your highest level of education completed?
- Less than high school education
- High School Diploma or GED
- Vocational or Technical School
- Associate's Degree or Two Year College
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- PHD/MD/JD or equivalent doctoral degree
- * How many years of experience do you have related to this position?
- 0 to 1 Year
- 1 to 2 Years
- 2 to 3 Years
- 3 to 5 Years
- 5 to 7 Years
- 7 to 10 Years
- Over 10 Years
- * Do you have knowledge of both Word and computer databases as used in development research?
- * Do you have excellent analytical skills?
- * Do you have excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written?
- * Do you have the ability to staff events as needed?
- Cover Letter