Clinical Assistant Professor - Biomedical & Nutritional Sciences
Clinical Assistant Professor - Biomedical & Nutritional Sciences Job no: 500613
Position type: Faculty Full Time
Benefit Status: Benefited-Union
Campus: UMass Lowell
Department: Biomed & Nutritional Sciences
Applications Open: May 14 2019
General Summary of Position
The department of Biomedical and Nutritional Sciences at UMass Lowell is committed to academic excellence and diversity within the faculty, staff and students and seeks a full time faculty at the rank of Clinical Assistant Professor. The Department of Biomedical and Nutritional Sciences is located within the Zuckerberg College of Health Sciences at UMass Lowell. The Zuckerberg College is a dynamic, growing college that prepares professionals and scientists in a wide range of health science fields including applied, clinical, and translational areas. A large research program, vibrant community partnerships, and Interprofessional education Opportunities enrich and support our educational programs.
The Clinical Assistant Professor will teach specialized courses in Medical Laboratory Sciences (MLS) and serve as the MLS program director. The MLS Program Directors is responsible for the organization, administration, continuous review, curriculum planning and development of the Medical Laboratory Science Program who oversees clinical rotations at 20+ affiliated sites. The MLS Program Director shall knowledge of educational methods and current accreditation and certification procedures, and maintains NAACLS accreditation. Service duties include student advising, student recruitment, orientation activities, advisory board, alumni events, serve on department and college committees, maintain and expand clinical partnerships.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Master Degree Required, PhD preferred in biomedical sciences field
- Current Certification as MLS (ASCP)CM
- Experience teaching at the undergraduate level in MLS-related courses
- Knowledge of education methods, administration and the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory sciences (NAACLS) accreditation process
- Interprofessional Education Experience
- The ability to work effectively with diverse groups
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications is received. For full consideration apply by May 31, 2019.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Teaching Philosophy and Experience - Please include 1) description of previous teaching experience with a list of courses taught, and 2) teaching philosophy and style.
- Names and contact information of three references will be required during the application process.