Program Coordinator (UCP 5), School of Business Undergraduate Advising
Job Title: Program Coordinator (UCP 5), School of Business Undergraduate Advising
Location: Storrs Campus
Job ID: 2019550
The School of Business Office of Undergraduate Advising (OUA) is seeking a full-time Program Coordinator, UCP 5. The incumbent will report to the Executive Director for Undergraduate Programs as well as the Associate Director for Student Development and Outreach and will advise undergraduate students about specific academic programs and policies of a school/college/division and counsel them regarding appropriate educational and career goals. The position will also provide triage, prioritization and resolutions by phone and in-person for the high traffic office and will serve as academic advisor to a few dozen business students. The position will be based at the Storrs campus, but will require in-state travel to other university campuses in similar activities in support of students at those campuses. Evening and weekend hours will also be required on occasion in support of program activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESInclude but are not limited to:Academic Advising
- Evaluating and prioritizing the academic and personal concerns of students and parents, resolving as possible or developing a referral plan for those who walk in or call the Office of Undergraduate Advising.
- Assisting in advising and counseling students, parents, and staff in planning an academic program as it relates to their educational and career goals.
- Assisting in counseling student in specific curriculum decisions.
- Reviewing student transcripts and assisting in making decisions regarding transfer of major within or into college/school, requests for excess credit, double major or dual degrees.
- Serving as a resources for students, faculty, parents and others who have questions about programs, academic policies, scholarship/award opportunities and other pertinent information.
- Coordinating outreach to students in accomplishing experiential learning engagement.
- Creating electronic communication that promotes the programs developed throughout the School of Business to market experiences.
- Organizing the OUA’s semesterly plan for electronic student development and engagement that includes multiple communication plans each week.
- Coordinating the OUA’s support of business student organizations and development of student leaders; providing centralized communications and resources to student leaders.
- Analyzing the effectiveness of the OUA’s electronic communications.
- Instructing a Freshman Year Experience course for business students focusing on teaching the fundamental skills to be a successful student.
- Planning and implementing an involvement fair for all School of Business students each year.
- Overseeing the student organizations website content and updates.
- Assisting in the creating and implementation of programming designed to enhance a student’s soft skills and understanding of the major and industry that they are choosing.
- Managing the front desk in-person traffic for the Undergraduate Center that includes walk-in and referred students; welcoming visitors to the School of Business building at the Storrs campus.
- Coordinating general office operations and providing administrative and technical support.
- Generating data to inform the work of the OUA using software tools like WebFocus.
- Auditing, reviewing and making recommendations to the Executive Director regarding admissions to and dismissals from the School of Business.
- Supervising student staff.
- Coordinating implementation for events and programs presented by the OUA.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Three to four years of related experience in higher education.
- Demonstrated experience multi-tasking in a high traffic area.
- Demonstrated experience coordinating administrative functions and managing multiple ongoing projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
- Proven experience working both independently and in a team environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially Word, Excel and Access.
- Knowledge of the experience of business students.
- Prior experience interpreting educational records to facilitate informed decision making with students.
- Willingness and ability to work evening and weekends on occasion in support of program activities.
- Willingness and ability to travel in-state to other university campuses in support of program needs.
- Master’s degree in Higher Education or related area.
- Prior experience working in a setting that requires familiarity with academic advising.
- Demonstrated experience working with student organizations in higher education.
- Prior experience working with software systems to generate and utilize data to inform decision making.
- Prior experience in teaching college students.
- Demonstrated experience in creating electronic newsletters.
- Previous supervisory experience of student staff.
This is a full-time position based in Storrs.
TO APPLYPlease apply online at UConn Jobs, https://jobs.uconn.edu, Staff Positions, Search #2019550. Interested candidates to submit a letter of application, resume, and the names and contact information of three professional references.Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check. (Search #2019550)
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:59 p.m. Eastern time on May 27, 2019.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics, which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.var RichTextValue = PTRTEFillcache('https://hcmprodweb.psoft.uconn.edu/psp/HRPRCGA_newwin/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL','PT_RTE_IMG_DB_LOC','record://PTRTDB','HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$0','1');var TextAreaObject = document.getElementById('HRS_JO_PDSC_VW_DESCRLONG$0');TextAreaObject.innerHTML = RichTextValue;