Academic Success Tutoring Center Coordinator
Posting DetailsPosition Information Job Title Academic Success Tutoring Center Coordinator Department Learning and Technology Resources- Posting Number 03217P Location Springfield, VA: 22150 Full or Part Time Full Time Position End Date (if temporary) Required Travel Relocation Covered Salary Range Position Summary Information Basic Function
-Oversees the operation of the Tutoring Services department at the MEC (Springfield Campus)
-Supervises full and part-time Tutors and various student peer tutors
- Hires, trains and evaluates staff members
- Works with the Dean of Learning and
Technology Resources to plan, budget, implement and assess tutoring services on site and virtually
- Provides writing instruction and assistance to students; coordinates services with instructional faculty
- Oversees scheduling for the department
- Manages departmental budget
- Backs up dean to reconcile division budget
- Undertakes projects as requested by the dean
- Serves on campus and college committees as feasible
Master’s degree in a field appropriately related to position; Experience in supervision and management in a related academic setting; Demonstrated mathematical skillset.Preferred Qualifications
- Master’s degree in English, Education, Communications, Language Arts
- Documented history of excellence in teaching in higher education
- Community college experience
- Experience working with diverse population
- 3 to 5 years related experience
- Demonstrated excellence customer service, budget planning, tracking and reconciliation skills
- Previous management and supervision experience
- Ability to tutor in one or more related subjects
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Teaching experience
- Familiarity with SIS, HRMS, eVA, AIS, purchasing card procedures, NATS, Chrome River, etc.
- Excellent technical/computer skills
- Departmental budgeting experience
- Math and statistical skills
The selected candidate’s offer is contingent upon the successful completion of an extensive criminal background
investigation, which may include: fingerprint checks, local agency checks, employment verification, verification of
education, credit checks (relevant to employment), and other checks requested by the VCCS and NOVA such as
I-9 and E-Verify requirements. Additionally, selected candidates may be required to complete the Commonwealth’s
Statement of Economic Interest.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have three years or more supervisory experience in higher education?
- * Please describe your teaching and/or tutoring experience?
(Open Ended Question)
- * I understand that only information provided at the time of the application submission will be considered when determining my qualifications and only responses to Supplemental Questions that can be verified in my application and resume will be credited.
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Unofficial Transcript 3