Student Support Specialist
Posting DetailsPosition Information Job Title Student Support Specialist Department Operations Posting Number 03215P Location Multiple Locations Full or Part Time Part-Time Position End Date (if temporary) Required Travel Relocation Covered Salary Range $18.00-21.00/hr Position Summary Information Basic Function
The part-time Student Support Specialist provides administrative support for the NOVA Workforce division. The person in this part-time position works 20-29 hours per week, must be able to work flexible schedule including occasional evenings and weekends as well as travel throughout the NOVA region as needed.Duties and Responsibilities
The Student Support Specialist serves as the enrollment specialist and office support
for the division. Responsibilities include:
• Performing registration tasks and/or providing guidance to students on the
• Entering and maintaining accurate data into the student information system
• Issuing enrollment confirmation emails and letters
• Troubleshooting and resolving enrollment problems
• Ensuring that instructors have all instructional materials needed
• Providing quality customer service
• Identifying and assessing customer’s needs to achieve satisfaction
• Handling customer complaints and providing appropriate resolutions and alternatives
• Assisting with the marketing classes
• Organizing and maintaining files and records
• Assisting program developers/managers/coordinators to ensure logistical
arrangements for programs are met.
• Providing general office support tasks.
• Performing other related duties as required.
An Associate’s degree or a combination of education, experience, and training.
Some experience working in an office setting.
Bilingual abilities are a plus. Experience in a higher education setting.Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Customer service oriented
• The ability to adapt and respond to different audiences.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
• Experience working with adults
• Ability to work cooperatively with students, instructors and staff; especially as part
of a team
• Ability to work on multiple projects independently, at times under stress
• Experience with office procedures, managing files, schedules and paperwork
• Ability to develop and prepare reports
• Demonstrated computer skill proficiency including using Microsoft Office
• Ability to provide accurate information and courteous customer service
• Ability to interact effectively with internal and external customers.
• Attention to detail and ability to take initiative.
The selected candidate’s offer is contingent upon the successful completion of an extensive criminal background
investigation, which may include: fingerprint checks, local agency checks, employment verification, verification of
education, credit checks (relevant to employment), and other checks requested by the VCCS and NOVA such as
I-9 and E-Verify requirements. Additionally, selected candidates may be required to complete the Commonwealth’s
Statement of Economic Interest.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please indicate the campus(es) where you would like to work, in order of preference: Alexandria, Annandale, Loudoun or Woodbridge.
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document