Dining Room Servery Worker
Requisition InformationPosition Information Posted with Limited Access No Limited Access Period Ending Date Title Dining Room Servery Worker Posting Number S01268 Full-Time/Part-Time Full-time Typical Hours Per Week 40 Regular, Temporary or Term Regular If temporary or term, enter anticipated end date Benefits Eligible? Yes Hourly/Salaried Hourly Band/Level OP1 Hiring Minimum $11.00 Department Dining Services Location Middlebury, VT Campus Hire contingent upon successful completion of the following post-offer screening Criminal Background Check Position Summary Position Summary
Performs a variety of functions in the dining room area to ensure that all food items are available to the students and that the area is neat, clean and attractive. Keeps various workstations stocked throughout serving period. Continuously cleans serving area and dining room throughout meal periods. Maintains accurate count of students served and cash collected if assigned to the checking station.Responsibilities Essential Functions
Offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check.
- Sets up the dining hall for each meal, i.e. food in serving containers and utensils in servery area.
- Ensure serving areas are pleasing to the eye.
- Responsible for Ingredient listing of the menu and salad bar items, including identifying & labeling indicated allergen information.
- Replenishes food items as necessary.
- Cleans serving area after each meal and restocks dispensers and other supplies. May stock beverage areas.
- Stocks various items including bread, fruits, desserts, etc., during meal and in preparation for future shift.
- Constructively occupies time between meals.
- Updates kitchen staff on student counts.
- Maintains attractive presentation of all food.
- If assigned to the checker station, the employee must maintain an accurate customer count as well as enter charge codes and/or account for any cash taken in.
- Performs a variety of functions in the dining room area which may include:
- Keeps workstations and surrounding area well-stocked and organized.
- Maintains attractive and clean serving lines, , cleans dining room tables.
- Answers students’ questions in a polite, courteous manner.
- Must comply with uniform/Dress Code
- Must follow sanitation guidelines.
- In the absence of the dining room supervisor may be required to provide training for new staff members in proper safety and sanitation procedures and in the operation of dining room equipment such as beverage machines, toasters, frozen yogurt machine, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned to assist the department in obtaining and maintaining its mission.
No previous formal education required. Prefer some training in food service and high school diploma.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must have knowledge of food sanitation standards and be aware of safety procedures.
- Must have knowledge of Dining Room equipment i.e, beverage machines, frozen yogurt machine, etc.
- Some cashier experience preferred.
- Food service experience preferred
- Must physically be able to lift 10-20 lbs. numerous times each day and up to 60 lbs. frequently, including full milk crated into a milk cooler above waist level.
- Also must be able to lift full glass racks and coffee racks above waist level.
- Requires frequent and repetitive bending, reaching, twisting and turning. Requires frequent walking and long periods of time standing.
Offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check.Recommendations
Some postings require contact information for reference providers for confidential letters of recommendation.Recommendation Letter Requirements
Please note that the Online Reference Letter Feature is not being used for this posting.
(Applicants are asked to provide a letter of reference in the Applicant Document section instead.)
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Are you 18 years old or older?
- Have you ever worked late night shifts in the restaurant business
(Open Ended Question)
- Do you have a valid driver's license?
- Do you have any previous job experience that might be relevant to this position? If yes, please explain.
(Open Ended Question)
- Why do you want to work in this position?
(Open Ended Question)
- Resume/C V
- Reference Letter 1