Enterprise Data Services Program Manager and Product Owner
The Enterprise Data Services Program Manager and Product Owner must understand the overall objectives for the program and, working with OIT and campus leadership, develop and maintain a vision for the product/service and is responsible for communicating that vision to the scrum team while also ensuring alignment with the various customer constituents across the campus. The Enterprise Data Services Product Owner will serve as the Voice of the Customer and ultimately the ‘source of truth’ for a development team, deciding what gets built and when. The Enterprise Data Services Program Manager Manager and Product Owner implements and follows common OIT service management processes relating to service support, operations, project management and analysis and participates in defining these common processes.
Who We Are The Office of Information Technology (OIT) is a dynamic organization, filled with energetic staff and students who aim to serve the campus and contribute to student success while supporting the University’s academic, research and service missions. We’re located in the heart of the beautiful CU Boulder campus. See what OIT is all about by watching our This is OIT video.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be Data Services Product Owner
- Collaborate with key end users of campus data (organizational & individual role levels) as well as cloud architect and development team to translate and decompose business requirements into epics, features, and user stories with acceptance criteria to build the product backlog.
- Prioritize the product backlog into appropriately sized releases based on measurable business and operational value designed to bring quick and incremental value to users.
- Work with scrum master and development team to ensure scope and priorities are feasible for product development cycles.
- Build strong transparent relationships with customer stakeholders to better manage expectations while also keeping the development team focused on the appropriate mix of new development, operational support and technical debt.
- Act as an ambassador for the product both within the development team as well as for existing and potential new customers (internal to CU).
- Help promote agile behaviors and culture for an evolving organization through best practices and a strong agile mindset.
- Work with all the diverse campus business functions to understand how best to drive the product solutions/services to best meet campus needs.
- Participate in a continuous feedback loop to work in a teaming environment to drive decision making.
- Conduct User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and participates in sprint demos to ensure that the final product meets the "definition of done".
- Responsible for accepting or rejecting iteration deliverables.
- Coordinate and compile feedback from stakeholders in sprint/iteration reviews and demos.
- Continually build knowledge and skills as an Agile Product Owner and be an ambassador within OIT and the across the campus.
Data Services Operational Program Management
- Manage day-to-day service operations by effectively implementing common OIT processes for service operations including incident management, problem management, and request fulfillment.
- Implement OIT processes for configuration management, and change management.
- Work with OIT process owners to ensure common OIT processes meet service needs.
- Ensure that the services are meeting the established objectives and business needs within the established budgets and if not, determine the appropriate actions to take and lead the service team to take them.
- Supervise a team of IT professionals to effectively deliver services. Includes setting performance objectives and evaluating performance against them, creating appropriate job descriptions, making staffing decisions, and performing day-to-day supervisory activities (leave approval, work prioritization, etc.).
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.Be Statements Be Accomplished. Be Authentic. Be Boulder. What We Require
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution or a combination of education and experience as detailed below may be substituted for the degree on a year-for-year basis.
- 5 years experience as an IT analyst, program, product, or project manager that includes defining services or products, requirements management and prioritization, working directly with customers and responding to customer input and feedback.
- Experience with Product Roadmap development and influencing key team members for agreement on business priorities.
- 3 years direct supervisory experience over team of three or more IT professionals.
What You Will Need
- Excellent leadership and motivational skills – possessing a willingness to empower as well as inspire commitment and positive attitude in the team
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate with team members at various levels, including highest leadership.
- Proven ability to quickly learn both new technologies and new processes.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and communication skills, particularly strong customer skills interacting with key stakeholders.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Experience as an Agile Product Owner, working with Agile Delivery Teams, utilizing Agile / Scrum / Kanban.
- Deep understanding of data infrastructure, integration architecture, "big data", streaming and ETL systems, and knowledge of systems development.
- Multiple years experience in higher education environment, with demonstrated understanding of higher ed business functions, the systems that support them (e.g. student information systems), and the resulting data and data governance.
- TOGAF certification or familiarity with the Open Group Architectural Framework.
- ITIL certification.
Special Instructions To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
You will not be asked to upload references at this time.
Please apply by May 19, 2019 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs.
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources Posting Contact Email: [email protected] The University of Colorado is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer