Assistant Professor of Occupational Therapy Assistant Program
Assistant Professor of Occupational Therapy Assistant Program #AC19-0736
Occupational Therapy/Human Services and Technology Division/Santa Ana College
Tenure Track Position
RSCCD has one of the highest faculty salary schedules among California's 72 community college districts. New faculty may be placed as high as step 11 on the salary schedule based upon verified teaching/work experience. The starting salary may range from $58,486.59 - $98,920.27/year for the 10-month academic year, depending upon education and experience. Additional compensation is provided for work beyond the basic teaching contract.
The district will contribute up to $29,170.68 per year toward the medical/dental insurance expense for the employee and any eligible dependents, plus $1,750 per year for additional fringe benefit expenses, life insurance coverage of $50,000 or the employee's annual salary, whichever is greater and ten days of sick leave per year. Membership in the California State Teachers' Retirement System.
Starting Date: 2019 Fall Semester
Deadline to Apply: Wednesday, March 27, 2019, 5:00 PM E
Extended Closing Date: Friday, June 14, 2019, 5:00 PM
Teach all assigned classes, which may include evening or off-campus assignments unless excused according to Board Policy provisions. Maintain accurate records of student enrollment, attendance, and academic progress. Assist in maintaining course outline for each assigned course. Be familiar with and observe the administrative regulations as they appear in the Faculty Handbook (flex calendar obligations, course overviews, etc.). Participate in department committees and activities. Will teach a variety of courses/levels within the discipline/area of study.
Minimum Qualifications (Applicants must meet one of the following):
• Possess from an accredited institution: Any Bachelor's degree or higher and two years of professional experience
directly related to the faculty member's assignment and certification AND current licensure as an Occupational
Therapy Assistant, OR
• Possess a valid California Community College credential authorizing service in the discipline, OR
• The equivalent (applicants who do not meet the above minimum qualifications must complete the Equivalencies
Section in the application form and provide conclusive evidence of such).
• Experience in teaching students from diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds and widely varying levels of proficiency preferred.
• A working knowledge of and experience with student learning outcomes and assessment.
• Five years of experience working as a Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant.
• Experience in supervising fieldwork students doing clinical rotations.
In addition to the requirements and responsibilities listed, the following criteria will be considered in selecting candidates for interviews:
• Educational experience - breadth and depth
• Work experience - breadth and depth
• Demonstrated leadership capabilities
• Curriculum development
• Program development
• Community involvement
• Demonstrated experience in working with a diverse socioeconomic community
• Credentials or minimum qualifications authorizing service in other areas of need
• Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with others
• Bilingual ability (if needed)
Based upon the information presented on the application materials, a limited number of candidates with qualifications most pertinent to the position will be invited to participate in the selection process, which may include a written test and oral interview.
Applicants selected for an interview may be required to take additional tests or assessments and will be notified of such prior to the date of the interview. During the oral session, those selected for interviews, in addition to the above, may be evaluated on the following factors:
• Oral communication skills
• Problem solving skills
• Successful teaching, problem solving or performance demonstration
• Writing skills/demonstration
Applicants are requested to provide thorough yet concise information on their related experience to ensure correct evaluation of their qualifications. A predetermined set of questions will be asked during all interviews. Evaluation criteria will be applied consistently to all applicants.
Method of Application
For consideration in the selection process, interested persons must complete the RSCCD application and upload all required documents online at http://www.rsccd.edu/employment/Pages/Employment.aspx by the specified closing date for the position. If you do not have a computer, there is a computer which can only access RSCCD employment website and scanner to upload application materials/documents (no USB) available at the Human Resources Department, 2323 North Broadway, Santa Ana, California, 92706, between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday - Friday.
Please upload the following application materials in the appropriate boxes with your online application by the closing date:
• Resume (Required)
• Unofficial Transcripts showing that the minimum qualifications are met (Required)
• Any additional supplemental materials (Optional)
Travel reimbursement is available to those meeting the established district criteria.
Candidates selected for employment will be required to provide current verification of a negative TB test or chest x-ray, complete the district's fingerprinting process, and bring proof of their legal right to work in the United States. Cost of TB testing, fingerprinting and the fee for criminal record check will be paid for by the candidates.
The Rancho Santiago Community College District is an equal employment opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment based on ethnic group identification, national origin, religion, age, sex, race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, gender identity, medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics), marital status, citizenship, or service in the uniformed services, or on the basis of these perceived characteristics or based on association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics.
The District will make reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicant should contact the Human Resources Office for assistance.
To apply, visit: http://www.rsccd.edu/employment/Pages/Employment.aspx
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency