Position DetailsPosition Information Campus Location: Savannah Position Type: Full Time Position Title Residence Director Assigned Area(s) of Responsibility: Category: Staff Work Year: Year Round Posting Text
Life at SCAD is active and engaging within and beyond the classroom. The SCAD experience includes programs and activities that promote student interaction, leadership and community service and encourage a healthy lifestyle. The Residence Director (RD) position is a full-time, eleven-month, live-in professional staff position integral to the success of the department. RDs lead a student staff in developing community within a residence hall, building relationships with individual students, and educating students and staff. RDs manage all aspects of their assigned area, including staffing, programming and maintenance. Through their interactions and day to day work, RDs serve as educators, resources and referral agents.
Master’s degree and prior experience in a college residential setting or other group living environment required; master’s degree specifically in higher education, student development, counseling or related field and live-in, residence life and housing experience as a graduate student preferred.
- manage the implementation of community programs based on SCAD’s unique mission, vision and values
- supervise a student staff ranging from 9 – 16
- assist in the selection and training of all the resident assistants through initial and ongoing training sessions
- coordinate hall openings and closings
- serve as a conduct officer for residence hall students who have allegedly violated the code of student conduct
- serve on call for campus of 3600 students
- manage residence hall budget.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Special instructions to applicants: Applicant Documents Required Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Interest
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).