Admissions Counselor - Immediate Openings!!
The Admissions Counselor is responsible for identifying, engaging and enrolling potential students for the College. They are responsible for generating and handling inquiries in a timely manner while providing outstanding customer service throughout the entire process. Counselors must demonstrate a proactive, positive and professional attitude with the ability to work with a diverse population of prospective students.
- Cover Letter
- Resume or CV
- Salary Requirement
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Accurately and completely explain educational programs, expected outcomes, student services, and financial consideration to potential students, parents, and educators.
- Manage inquiries to achieve prompt contact and performance activity; utilize approved recruitment policies/formats; make prompt and effective contact with inquiries and redirect unqualified candidates based upon incompatible goals.
- Schedule and conduct interviews/tours, pursue qualified candidates for enrollment, and determine appropriateness of candidates for admission based on educational needs.
- Accurately enter and maintain data in an inquiry management system to track potential and incoming students.
- Personally secure and develop a referral base.
- Consistently conduct follow-up with all applicants to ensure successful matriculation.
- Participate and conduct appropriate recruitment and admission activities including: open houses, interactive presentations, training sessions, orientation programs, career days - including evening and weekend events.
- Establish and build relationships through consultative sales practices; seek information to understand individual situations, needs, and desired potential benefits; develop approaches that best position the College’s products and services; leverage supportive factors, overcome or minimize barriers, and address the unique needs of prospective students.
- Conduct all activities in accordance with the highest ethical standards. Adhere to all state, and federal accreditation and college rules and regulations regarding student recruitment.
- Maintain the highest level of customer service and student retention.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and business-related experience required.
- The ability to work varied hours, including evenings and Saturdays.
- Must be a self-starter with a desire to work in a high-energy environment.
- At least 1 to 3 years of experience in an admissions or higher education or a sales environment.
- Related experience (consultative sales, recruiting, etc.) is preferred
- A proven track record for making data driven decisions to support achievement of enrollment goals.
- Experience utilizing innovative technology such as a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) solution is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A demonstrated understanding of the importance of building and maintaining open communication with internal and
- external partners.
This is a full-time position that offers competitive health benefits.
This job description is not meant to be all-inclusive of every duty and responsibility required by the employee in the position.
Flashpoint Chicago is a campus of Columbia College Hollywood, a non-profit, regionally accredited liberal arts college offering degrees in creative media. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, and a 401(k) plan. Qualified applicants for employment with criminal histories are considered in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
To learn more about our school, please visit our website at
Share this job with your network:
Diversity Profile: University
AAUP COMPENSATION SURVEY DATAView more
Apply for Admissions Counselor - Immediate Openings!!
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly