Vice President for Mission and Ministry
DePaul University is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.
Job Title Vice President for Mission and Ministry
Job ID 3501
Location Loop Campus
Full/Part Time Full-Time
At DePaul University, we are looking for candidates who want to join us in our mission to provide access to education for all. Successful candidates welcome ideas and perspectives from colleagues and students representing a wide variety of cultures, backgrounds, religious beliefs, and experiences. We seek collaborative, open-minded and hard working professionals to work in a real world urban learning environment. Are you exceptional, yet modest and open to challenges? We seek achievers and leaders that want to bring their passion and skills to our well-respected community of approachable colleagues. Build your career with us.
Reporting to the President and as a member of the president’s cabinet, the Vice President for Mission and Ministry heads the Division of Mission and Ministry and serves as the institution’s Chief Mission Officer. The Vice President staffs the Mission Committee of the Board of Trustees, and serves ex officio as the Chair of the Vincentian Endowment Fund Board. Under the Vice President’s direction, the Division’s Vincentian Studies Institute serves as the premiere international center for the study of Vincentian history and spirituality. The Vice President also serves as the institutional liaison with Catholic Theological Union. Due to the unique nature of this position’s responsibilities, the Vice President must be a Roman Catholic whose own faith, and the expression of that faith, aligns with the university’s identity, mission and values as an inclusive and highly diverse Catholic and Vincentian institution.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Develops, coordinates and assesses structures, programs, practices, events and celebrations that focus on DePaul’s mission, vision, values, identity and strategic agenda.
- Ensures mission integration in all organization processes, including strategic planning, policy-making, curricular and co-curricular activities, and leadership development and employee orientation.
- Oversees, directs and evaluates the services, programs, budgets and employees of the division, including the division’s mission formation programs, University Board of Trustees requirements, mission integration structures, and Campus Ministry initiatives.
- Through the Office of Campus Ministry, provides for the spiritual needs of all students, faculty, staff, administration and alumni, with a special focus on the faith development and liturgical life of the university’s Roman Catholic population.
- Designs and provides mission and leadership formation and consulting services to administrators, faculty, staff and students throughout the University.
- Provides mission-related assistance to and a public mission presence within the local community and the global Vincentian Family.
- Support the president as required to further our close working relationships with the local ordinary and the founding and sponsoring body, the Western Province of the Congregation of the Mission (Vincentians).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Master’s of Divinity, Theology, or Religious Studies required.
- Must be a Roman Catholic.
- At least 10 years of leadership experience.
- A Ph.D. or D. Min.
- Experience in a Catholic higher education institution.
The Division has 24 full-time employees and its work is divided into three main categories, each led by an associate vice president who reports directly to the Vice President.
- Student Engagement: Catholic Campus Ministry, Vincentian Service and Formation, Pastoral Care and Religious Diversity
- Faculty and Staff Engagement: Vincentian Heritage Trips, Orientation programming, Vincentian Mission Institute, etc.
- Mission Integration: Marketing, Communications, Assessment, Vincentian Studies Institute In addition, the university ombudsperson’s office is located within the Division. The ombudsperson reports directly to the Vice President.
Other Skills & Abilities Reqd
- A demonstrated personal resonance with Vincentian history, spirituality and praxis.
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational and people leadership, teambuilding, communication, and vision and goal setting.
- Excellent listening, communication, interpersonal and relationship-building skills with the ability to communicate clearly in person and writing.
You may upload other attachments (Transcripts, Portfolios, Writing samples) in the “My Activities” tab of your profile.
Salary & Benefits Package:
DePaul offers a comprehensive package including competitive pay and benefits to attract and retain the best talent in order to further the University's mission. For more information, please visit the following pages:
Required Background Check: