Business Development Manager
DePaul University is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.
Job Title Business Development Manager
Job ID 3548
Location Loop Campus
Full/Part Time Full-Time
At DePaul University, we are looking for candidates who want to join us in our mission to provide access to education for all. Successful candidates welcome ideas and perspectives from colleagues and students representing a wide variety of cultures, backgrounds, religious beliefs, and experiences. We seek collaborative, open-minded and hard working professionals to work in a real world urban learning environment. Are you exceptional, yet modest and open to challenges? We seek achievers and leaders that want to bring their passion and skills to our well-respected community of approachable colleagues. Build your career with us.
Reporting to the Director of Corporate & Employer Outreach, the Business Development Manager will execute various marketing strategies to raise market awareness of and form new educational partnerships with Fortune 1000 employers. Utilizing external marketing analysis, he/she will engage in centralized, streamlined, and strategic client prospecting, outreach and relationship development activities for new market development.
The Business Development Manager will conduct client needs analysis and with oversight from the Director, will develop, deliver, and negotiate components and financial terms of the educational partnership proposals with each employer so as to achieve DePaul enrollment goals. The successful candidate will grow and cultivate DePaul University's market reputation as a leading provider of adult undergraduate and graduate degree education to the corporate and employer market.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Develop and prioritize client prospect lists.
- Identify, establish and cultivate strategic and influential relationships with senior level (Managers, Directors, VP, C-level) executives at greater Metropolitan Chicago-area corporations and employers to raise market awareness of DePaul's adult undergraduate and graduate degrees.
- Develop ongoing client relationships with prospective employer educational partners.
- With each client, conduct needs analysis.
- Develop and deliver proposals of DePaul Portfolio offerings that will meet the employers' needs for adult undergraduate and graduate degree education.
- Successfully negotiate and close conditions, delivery channels and financial terms of educational partnership proposals that will contribute to university revenue targets by employer cohort enrollments and onsite delivery with the oversight of the Director.
- Identify opportunities for and assist in the development of new degree offerings for adult undergraduate and graduate programs by working with the Director.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree.
- Minimum of 7 years of professional experience, in business development, marketing or corporate relations.
- Demonstrated experience in new market development, project management, and management of external senior client relationships.
- Master's degree.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of professional experience in the higher education industry and/or corporate training and development, strongly preferred.
- The Business Development Manager will be responsible for achieving enrollment targets, which are strategic due the Corporate and Employer Outreach being an example of a new program priority in the 2018 Strategic Plan.
Certifications & Licenses
- Must have valid driver's license.
Other Skills & Abilities Reqd
- Excellent business development, senior stakeholder relationship management, communication, and project management skills.
- Understanding of higher education environment along with knowledge of adult undergraduate and graduate education structures and practices, including recruitment and admission.
- Experience with program planning and project management in a university context.
- Consultation & Influence - Mastery
- Customer Service - Mastery
- Motivating & Leading People - Mastery
- Advising & Counseling - Intermediate
- Audience Awareness - Intermediate
- Data Management - Basic
- Negotiation & Brokering - Basic
- Writing Aptitude - Basic
- Collaboration & Teamwork - Mastery
- Cultural Awareness & Sensitivity to Diversity - Mastery
- Relationship & Network Building - Mastery
- Effective Communication - Intermediate
- Judgement & Decision-Making - Intermediate
- Mission Focus & Institutional Knowledge - Intermediate
- Project Management & Organization - Intermediate
- Creativity & Innovative Thinking - Intermediate
- Visionary & Strategic Orientation - Intermediate
- Thought Leadership - Basic
- Continuous Improvement - Mastery
- Change Acumen - Intermediate
- Conflict Management - Intermediate
- Education Industry Acumen - Intermediate
- Learning Agility - Intermediate
- Self-Awareness - Intermediate
- Systems Thinking - Intermediate
- Regularly spend extended periods standing.
- Routinely lift more than 25 pounds.
You may upload other attachments (Transcripts, Portfolios, Writing samples) in the “My Activities” tab of your profile.
- The position is based in the DePaul University Loop campus but also involves travel to corporations and employers throughout the greater Chicago metropolitan area.
Salary & Benefits Package:
DePaul offers a comprehensive package including competitive pay and benefits to attract and retain the best talent in order to further the University's mission. For more information, please visit the following pages:
Required Background Check: