Part-Time Librarian 1, Loop
DePaul University is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.
Job Title Part-Time Librarian 1, Loop
Job ID 3511
Location Loop Campus
Full/Part Time Part-Time
At DePaul University, we are looking for candidates who want to join us in our mission to provide access to education for all. Successful candidates welcome ideas and perspectives from colleagues and students representing a wide variety of cultures, backgrounds, religious beliefs, and experiences. We seek collaborative, open-minded and hard working professionals to work in a real world urban learning environment. Are you exceptional, yet modest and open to challenges? We seek achievers and leaders that want to bring their passion and skills to our well-respected community of approachable colleagues. Build your career with us.
Under the immediate supervision of the Loop Library Coordinator, the Part-time Reference Librarian is responsible for providing research help services to library users in person at the Loop Library and via virtual Ask a Librarian services.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Provides research help via instant message and email.
- Provides reference and research assistance to library users, including assistance with print and electronic information sources, such as the online catalog and Web-based databases.
- Provides research consultations by appointment to University students, faculty and staff.
- Works cooperatively with the Richardson Library staff to provide materials and services for students, faculty, staff, and other affiliated users.
- Works on specific assigned projects, such as weeding of the collection or the updating/creation of research guides and other instructional support.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- ALA-accredited MLS degree.
- Previous reference experience and familiarity with electronic resources essential.
- Depending on scheduling, may be responsible for opening and/or closing the Research Help Desk and supervising one student assistant.
Other Skills & Abilities Reqd
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- Ability to type accurately.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to lift bins and boxes weighing as much as 20 lbs.
- Ability to kneel low and reach high to shelve books and bound periodical volumes.
You may upload other attachments (Transcripts, Portfolios, Writing samples) in the “My Activities” tab of your profile.
FOR CONSIDERATION, PLEASE SUBMIT A COVER LETTER WITH YOUR RESUME.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends during the academic year.
- Reduced hours may occur during summer and intersessions.
Salary & Benefits Package:
DePaul offers a comprehensive package including competitive pay and benefits to attract and retain the best talent in order to further the University's mission. For more information, please visit the following pages:
Required Background Check: