Maintenance Technician III
Are you a professional skilled maintenance technician who wants to elevate your career? Are you a motivated self-starter who is driven by quality and integrity? Do you want to earn a College Degree from a Prestigious University and have it paid for by your employer all while earning a paycheck? If so here is a rare opportunity for you to join a World Class Institution at the University of Denver. We are currently seeking candidates for full time benefited Maintenance Tech III and Maintenance Tech IV positions, to join our Facilities Maintenance Team and Staff from 3:30p-12:00a Tues.-Sat. Swing Shift.
- Performs work in at least three or more trade areas such as, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, carpentry and painting.
- Installs and /or replaces the following: ceiling tile, suspended ceilings, floor tile, ceramic tile, steel studs, sheetrock, plastic laminate, screens, drapery rods, door hardware, brick work, concrete, painting and patching, shelving, pumps, motors, filters, electrical switches, receptacles and ballasts.
- Operates power equipment that includes power saws, sanders, drill presses and other equipment as required.
- When requested, reports for emergency snow removal, times can vary but tend to early AM. Removes snow from walks, steps, ramps, and parking lots by power equipment or shovel.
- May be required to direct lower classifications, permanent and temporary assigned personnel.
- Assists other trades that require a specific license or certification.
- Read blueprints and works from sketches, layouts or penciled drawings.
- Drives to sites with tools and equipment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as material safety data sheets, operating manuals, and work orders.
- Ability to communicate effectively with Physical Plant customers (students, staff, faculty and visitors).
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral and diagrams or schedule form.
- Ability to assess quickly a variety of data in emergencies in order to develop effective solutions.
- Must be knowledgeable of related OSHA and EPA regulations.
- Proficient in the use of computers and software applications.
- Reads blueprints and works from sketches, layouts or penciled drawings.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as weights and measure areas and board feet.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Five years of work experience in three out of the five following trades including carpentry, plumbing, painting, HVAC and electrical trades.
Please note, this position will require you to have a valid Colorado Driver's License and be insurable under University guidelines and have the ability to pass a pre-placement physical.
The pay for this position is $18.47 hourly
Swing shift 3:30 p.m. - 12:00 a.m, Tuesday - Saturday
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works: near moving mechanical parts, in outside weather conditions where they are exposed to wet, humid, and hot and cold conditions, around electricity, with chemicals and around fumes or airborne particles. Occasionally while performing the duties of this job, the employee works: in high places from extension ladders and scaffolding and in confined spaces. The noise level in the work environment ranges from low to high, but is usually moderate.
Moderate to strenuous physical effort is required. This position requires extended periods of standing, walking, using hands to handle, hold and control tools and objects, reaching with arms, stooping, kneeling or crawling. This job also requires pushing, pulling, lifting and carrying of objects of up to 100 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Needs to identify and distinguish color
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please click New Resume/CV at the bottom of the page to begin application.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Resume or application
- Cover letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LBGT community, people with disabilities and veterans. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.