ACTCM Programs Manager
California Institute of Integral Studies (CIIS) is an internationally-recognized leader in integral education. CIIS has an enrollment of more than 1,400 students pursuing degrees in a variety of academic programs in its American College of Traditional Chinese Medicine (ACTCM) and schools of Consciousness and Transformation, Professional Psychology and Health, and Undergraduate Studies. In addition, CIIS hosts a vibrant art exhibition program through The Arts at CIIS, and offers a dynamic array of events through its Public Programs division, including workshops, lectures, and certificate programs. The University provides affordable acupuncture and mental health services to the San Francisco Bay Area through its ten award-winning clinics. CIIS is accredited by the Western Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC) and Accreditation Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (ACAOM).
Provides supervision to the ACTCM Academic Support Administrator and Academic Advisor.
Position Description and Essential Functions
The ACTCM Programs Manager will assist the Dean of ACTCM in providing outstanding program management and oversight for the academic programs. The Program Manager works directly with the Dean of ACTCM to provide comprehensive administrative and technological support services to students and faculty for the academic programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Update and maintain ACTCM information on the university website; initiate contact with faculty and other appropriate staff to ensure that information posted on the website is correct and up-to-date.
- Generate reports using the Jenzabar ERP system.
- Support students and faculty within the LMS, Canvas.
- Maintain consistent and effective communication with newly enrolled and prospective students.
- Communicate with the students through email announcements and regular newsletters.
- Receive student questions, concerns and suggestions; refer students to the other offices as appropriate.
- Collaborate with the ACTCM Academic Advisor and Academic Support Administrator to support successful student progress through the programs.
- Assist in coordinating meetings with the Associate Dean of Students and ACTCM Student Council; assist the ACTCM Student Council in meeting goals with administrative support, as needed.
- Organize and execute extra-curricular presentations (Brown Bags) and other events.
- Assist in planning and execution of ACTCM new student orientations.
- Assist in planning of ACTCM pinning ceremony and CIIS commencement ceremony.
- Provide ACTCM program updates for CIIS Student Handbook.
- Organize and supervise work-study students during transitional DACM and DAOM modules.
- Oversees the preparation, delivery, and follow up of transitional DACM and DAOM program modules.
- Is required to accommodate the working schedule to ensure smooth delivery of monthly transitional DACM and DAOM modules.
- Attends college and university-wide meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Dean of ACTCM.
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of two years of experience working in higher education; Master's degree preferred.
- Minimum of three years of increasingly responsible and varied administrative, supervisory, and/or management experience.
- A commitment to innovation, improvement and student-centered engaged learning.
- Ability to interact positively and effectively with faculty, students, staff and the public.
- Excellent writing, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, Adobe Photoshop, and database management software.
- Proficiency with web technology and experience with managing the content of academic program website pages.
- Well-organized, attentive to detail, and able to meet deadlines.
- Willingness to work some evenings and weekends, as needed.
Salary and Benefits
Salary commensurate with skills and experience.
Notes for Candidate
- Working Conditions - Duties are primarily performed in an office environment at a desk or computer terminal, typically, Monday through Friday.
- Background Check - Due to the sensitivity and requirements of this position, you should expect to undergo and be cleared of an employment background/criminal check, if extended an offer for employment. You may also be asked to provide proof of educational degree(s), licenses or credentials pertinent to the position. If your job requires driving on behalf of CIIS you will be required to provide proof of a valid driver's license.
- Visa Sponsorship - Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. Applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
- Relocation Assistance - This position is not eligible for relocation assistance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
CIIS is committed to providing an open, fair, inclusive, non-discriminatory environment for all individuals across differences of race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, socio- economic status, ethnicity, age, physical ability, or medical condition. We seek to increase the presence, representation and inclusion of U.S. historically under-represented people of color, international, bilingual and bicultural students, faculty and staff; and, to provide an environment that will attract and retain individuals identified as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, questioning and intersex (LGBTQQI).
Screening begins immediately, and recruitment will continue until the position is filled. Using the Apply Now link, please submit a Resume and Cover Letter online.