Digital Marketing and Communications Manager
HOURS: Full-Time, Exempt, Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Note: as a member of our exempt work force there could be occasions when a commitment beyond the normal workweek may be required.
The Digital Marketing and Communications Manager will manage multi-channel digital efforts to form and execute the most effective ways to communicate our value propositions to prospective students, alumni, current NYCC community, the media, and the world. The Manager will have a strong focus on digital, and a track record of successfully driving the strategic development and growth of channels through innovative marketing and communications best practices, in both theory and in tactic. Key responsibilities include digital marketing, advertising, and media relations. The Manager will be someone who seeks to learn new things, who likes solving problems, and who can process information quickly. The Manager must partner closely with other members of the Marketing and Communications team, as well as key stakeholders in Admissions, Institutional Advancement, academic programs, and other areas, to ensure projects are goal-focused, cleanly managed, on-time, on-brand, and produced to meet standards of overall excellence.
1. Collaborate with key stakeholders to develop and execute goal-focused, multi-channel marketing and communications plans, creative briefs, roadmaps, and tactics.
2. In conjunction with Vice President of Marketing and Communications and partners in areas such as Enrollment Management and identified vendors/agencies, set lead generation, conversion and cost per acquisition budgets and goals.
3. Develop innovative strategies to increase website and social traffic, increase inquiry and application volume, decrease cost per acquisition, and exceed competition in support of academic program enrollment goals.
4. Coordinate and execute digital advertising campaigns in support of NYCC goals, as well as maintain oversight of organic and paid social media activity, search optimization, paid search, email marketing, and other channel tactics.
5. Monitor the competitive landscape, best practices, and marketing trends, providing actionable insights for the College.
6. Monitor, analyze, and report on data/analytics across all digital channels, measuring effectiveness of past actions and using that data to make recommendations and optimize campaigns to increase effectiveness and efficiency. Promotional Communications
7. Lead promotional opportunities to position the College for greater visibility locally, regionally, and nationally.
8. Align branded messaging across communication platforms to advance the College's priorities including student recruitment and enrollment, audience engagement, and reputation building.
9. Mange media alerts, press releases, newsletters, editorial articles, blog posts, calendar postings, and other informational materials for distribution to the appropriate outlets. Project Management
10. Manage projects from start to finish: learn client goals; develop creative brief and tactical project plan; organize and manage resources; oversee collateral production; facilitate communications; ensure reviews and approvals; implement finished product; monitor and report on results.
11. Manage editorial calendars.
12. Provide regular oversight of department projects and resources to ensure collaboration among individuals in the unit and to make the best use of resources.
13. Coordinate and supervise student work-study staff.
14. Other duties as assigned by the Vice President of Marketing and Communications.
• Bachelor’s Degree or greater (master’s degree preferred), preferably in communications, journalism, marketing, or a related field, required.
• 5+ years of related professional experience as a digital marketing manager/director required.
• Experience with project management and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously required.
• Experience implementing integrated marketing programs across channels, including digital and print, required.
• Experience with search engine optimization required.
• Experience with market research, data analysis, and metrics-driven decision making required.
• Experience with digital media and advertising platforms and best practices required.
• Experience with promotions and public relations required.
• Experience with Google Analytics and Adwords required.
• Strong background in social media management required.
• Strong computer experience, including knowledge of Microsoft Office required.
• Strong written and verbal communication, as well as presentation skills, required.
• Experience working higher education marketing or similar environment preferred.
• Experience with Adobe Creative Suite preferred.
METHODS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
1. Report to the Vice President of Marketing & Communications
. 2. Performance evaluations by the Vice President of Marketing & Communications.
3. Written and verbal feedback from internal and external customers.
4. Compliance with College policies and procedures.
NOTE: Due to the driving/travel requirements, this position is subject to the College’s Motor Vehicle Use Policy and the employee will be required to sign a release upon hire, as well as annually, so that the College may obtain a Motor Vehicle Report for the personnel file.
* Employment is subject to the favorable result of a background investigation and where applicable, confirmation of appropriate degrees and credentialing.
New York Chiropractic College is an Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against students or employees on the basis of age, race, color, creed, gender, sexual orientation, or handicapping conditions (or any other protected status) in its educational programs, financial aid, activities, admissions and employment practices.
Apply for Digital Marketing and Communications Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly