Academic Technology Analyst
Posting InformationPosition Information Position Type Permanent Staff (SHRA) Is this an internal only recruitment? No Position Title Technology Support Analyst - Journey Working Title Academic Technology Analyst Position Number 00056990 Vacancy ID P010128 Budgeted Hiring Range $58,000 - $70,000 Pay Band Information
To learn more about the pay band for this branch and role, please see the Career Banding rates spreadsheet.Salary Grade Equivalent 72/IT03 Full-time/Part-time Permanent/Time-Limited Full-Time Permanent If time-limited, estimated duration of appointment Hours per week 40 Work Schedule
Monday – Friday, 8am-5pm. Overtime occasionally.Department Name and Number Information Technology-SOM-420401 Date First Posted 05/13/2019 Closing Date 06/13/2019 Position Location Chapel Hill, NC Position Posting Category Information Technology Position Summary Information Department Description
The School of Medicine Information Technology (IT) Office provides centralized computer support and information system support for the School of Medicine community, from medical students to faculty to administrative staff. Services include central help desk and desktop support; administrative and clinical application support; novel application development and database hosting; research IT and data science initiatives; infrastructure services including physical, virtual, and cloud provisioning; physical networking installation and management; and web development. Additional services include managing the School of Medicine official web presence; classroom video recording and streaming systems; video production and editing; video conferencing; and digital signage.Equal Opportunity Employer
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, race, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran.Position Description
The Academic Technology Analyst will work with a dedicated technical team in support of the educational mission of UNC School of Medicine. The position reports to the Director of Academic Technology, within School of Medicine IT. The Academic Technology Analyst will support a wide range of teaching and learning technologies. Key products include our clinical learning management and evaluation system one45, our admissions platform Slate, our secure exam platform ExamSoft, and our one to one iPad program. We are looking for a bright and talented individual who values teamwork and collaboration in support of our mission to become the nation’s leading public school of medicine.
Duties will include:
-Application administration and support
-Hardware, software, and program support for student and faculty iPads
-Development of training and documentation for supported technologies
-Support special projects such as new technology implementation
-Facilitate system compliance cycles for supported systems
Associate’s degree in Computer Information Technology, computer Technology Integration, Networking Technology, or related area and one year of experience in the information technology field related to the position’s role; or
- Bachelor’s degree from an appropriately accredited institution and one year experience in the information technology field related to the position’s role; or
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, math or engineering or related technical degree from an appropriately accredited institution; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Journey level required an additional one year of experience
- Advanced level required an additional two years of experience.
The successful candidate for this position should be able to comfortably use and administer complex information systems and understand database functionality. This position requires a high level of attention to detail and accuracy as well as excellent written and oral communication skills.Preferred Qualifications
Experience managing information or software systems. Experience working with and reporting on data. Basic knowledge of statistics. Survey design and administration. Experience working in an educational environment. Experience providing technical support.Required Licenses/Certifications Special Physical and Mental Requirements Position/Schedule Requirements Overtime occasionally Position Attributes Stimulus/ARRA Funded No Quick Link http://unc.peopleadmin.com/postings/162037 Contact Information Office of Human Resources Contact Information
If you experience any problems accessing the system or have questions about the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at (919) 843-2300 or send an email to [email protected]
Please note: The Office of Human Resources will not be able to provide specific updates regarding position or application status.Applicant Documents Required Documents
- Curriculum Vitae / Resume
- Cover Letter
- Other Document
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please select the response below that best describes your experience/education for the Technology Support Analyst-Journey position.
- Master's or Doctorate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Math or Engineering or related technical degree or relatead technical degree from an appropriately accredited institution; or
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Math or Engineering or related technical degree or related technical degree from an appropriately accredited institution and one year of related experience; or
- Bachelor’s degree from an appropriately accredited institution and two years experience in the information technology field related to the position’s role; or
- Associate’s degree in Computer Information Technology, Computer Technology Integration, Networking Technology, or related area and two years of experience in the information technology field related to the position's role; or
- A combination of post high school education and/or related experience to equal six years; or
- None of the above.
- * Please select the response that best reflects your technical support experience:
- Less than 1 year
- 1 – 2 years
- 3 – 5 years
- Over 5 years
- * Describe your experience working with a complex information system.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have experience with academic software such as Slate, ExamSoft, and Sakai? If yes, please describe your experience.
(Open Ended Question)