Alumni Manager, 10,000 Small Businesses Grant
Posting DetailsPosition Information Position Title Alumni Manager, 10,000 Small Businesses Grant Requisition Number SCA00334 General Description
As part of a grant funded training program dedicated to job creation and revenue growth for small business owners and entrepreneurs, the Alumni Manager will primarily serve graduated and graduating program participants (“scholars”), a community that is close to 500 scholars in the Philadelphia region and growing. Under the direction of the program’s Executive Director, and in collaboration with the 10KSB team, the Alumni Manager will further the growth potential of program alumni through social media activities, specialized programming, and targeted awards and promotions for the Philadelphia alumni. Covered engagement activities include value-added continued learning opportunity and support services to include additional educational programing, business training, workshops, networking, and capital acquisition strategies. The Alumni Manager is also responsible for the site’s measurement and evaluation (M&E) systems, analysis and tracking. The Alumni manager will utilize key metrics in assessing the progress of alumni post-graduation. By creating a robust alumni community, the Alumni Manager is an integral part of helping graduated scholars continue to achieve revenue and job growth, and help drive visibility and interest in the program for the benefit of other qualified businesses.Specific Responsibilities
• Collaborate with the broader program team to plan, organize and coordinate Babson required and site specific alumni workshops and events.
• Assume the lead responsibility for the multi-faceted system of data collection and reporting on alumni as required by the funder.
• Serve as the main liaison to 10KSB graduates for communication, engagement, data collection, and responsiveness to Goldman Sachs Foundation requests.
• Manage the local communication system with alumni in partnership with the national alumni program with a heavy emphasis on driving the use of the Goldman Sachs 10KSB Alumni App, working toward full engagement of the alumni community, monitoring for appropriateness and providing support to alumni, as needed and appropriate. Work to support scholars and alumni across sites and across industries.
• Work closely with the Executive Director and team to leverage and deepen relationships with the local business community.
• Manage the system for administrating the follow-up business diagnostics (M&E) for program graduates and plan the corresponding business advising sessions with the broader program team.
• Network with small business resources to enhance the local entrepreneurship community and to advance program recruitment.
• Engage with program alumni, including individual relationship-building and participation in alumni events as needed.
• Draw upon alumni as ambassadors of the program, participants on panels and in clinics, and as referral sources for future cohorts in support of ongoing recruitment and outreach efforts. Support project recruitment via alumni referral follow up.
• Support alumni business growth plan/strategy and direct alumni to appropriate sources of capital acquisition.
• Take the lead role in managing the program’s social media channels, developing a semi- annual social media plan.
• Provide assistance to Business Advisors for a growth group when needed for a large class, if appropriate.
• Serve as a Business Advisor for a large class, as appropriate.
• Identify and share best practices among alumni for curriculum content geared toward alumni continuing education.
• Participate in assessment of curriculum sessions through post session debriefings as appropriate.
• Participate in pre-briefs, walk-throughs and de-briefs of program modules with the team as appropriate.
• Represent the College and the 10KSB program at external business oriented events, as directed by the Executive Director.
• Promote the program and provide 10KSB Information Sessions, when needed.
• Collaborate and coordinate with other Workforce and Economic Innovation units on employer engagement activities.
• Other duties as needed to support program success.Minimum Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree required. Any and all degree(s) must be from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
• A minimum of three (3) years of relevant work experience in small business training consulting, or ownership required.
• Knowledge of the Philadelphia region small business and economic development landscape.
• Understanding of traditional and non-traditional capital acquisition resources/strategies affiliated with small business growth and expansion.
• Demonstrated expertise in the use of social media including Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn and other social media for communication and program promotion.
• Knowledge and understanding of the comprehensive community college mission.
• Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Power Point, and Excel.
• Excellent planning, organizational, communication and interpersonal skills required.
• Must be able to meet multiple deadlines in a structured environment of reporting.
• Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with alumni, broader program team, and local community partners required.
• Ability to demonstrate strong initiative and effective problem solving skills required.
• Ability to work early mornings and evenings, as needed, is required.
• Ability to work effectively with the program team and alumni, external community and program partners.
• Must have a history of being a strong team player.
• Goal oriented with the ability to demonstrate a commitment to the program outcomes required.
• An understanding of, and sensitivity to, the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college staff and students required.Preferred Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in business related area preferred.
• Advanced degree in business or related field preferred.
• Experience with conceiving, planning, driving interest, and executing workshops and activities for Alumni scholars preferred.Work Location Main Campus Benefits Special Instructions to Applicants
*Interested persons should complete an online application.
*Cover letter of interest and resume REQUIRED.
*Names and contact information of 3 professional references OPTIONAL.
Review of applications will commence on May 20, 2019 and will continue until the position is filled.
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in the U.S.
Community College of Philadelphia is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity and Equal Access Employer. The College encourages applications from individuals from traditionally underrepresented groups.Salary Grade or Rank III Salary Range Salary commensurate with relevant work experience Job Posting Open Date 04/29/2019 Job Posting Close Date Type of Position Administrator - Temp Job Category Employment Status Full-Time Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about Community College of Philadelphia?
- The Chronicle
- Veterans Job Fair
- Professional & Tchnology Diversity Career Fair
- Al Dia - Diversity Career Fair
- Community College of Philadelphia Website
- * If your answer to the above question is Other, please note the source below. If this question does not apply to you, enter N/A.
(Open Ended Question)
- * What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- No Response
- High School/GED
- Associates Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- * Do you have a minimum of three (3) years of relevant work experience in small business training, consulting, or ownership?
- * Is your Bachelor's degree in a business related area?
- * Do you have an advanced degree in business or related field?
- * Do you have demonstrated expertise in the use of social media including Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn and other social media for communication and program promotion?
- * Are you experienced in conceiving, planning, driving interest, and executing workshops and activities for Alumni scholars?
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application