Business Systems Analyst, Working Level - GeorgiaBEST
Title:Business Systems Analyst, Working Level - GeorgiaBEST Job Category:Staff Description:
This is a professional (working) level position responsible for the analysis of complex business problems of varying complexity and assessing how information systems can be utilized to address them. The position assists in the collection and analysis of data and helps provide quality analytics to researches and decision makers within the higher education system in support of business/data solutions.
The candidate selected for this position will typically:
• Manage database, student information systems, and integrations, as well as critical project work.
• Define requirements and steps necessary to achieve institutional goals, including managing application upgrades.
• Identify areas of in need of improvement or refinement; design and assist in the development of solutions.
• Manage projects as assigned, including application upgrades.
• Manage system integrations for system institutions.
• Identify and implement appropriate testing strategies; prepare resulting test cases and scenarios; assist institutions with user acceptance testing.
• Code solutions for complex business process needs; create custom solutions; track performance and maintain custom applications upon deployment.
• Analyze specifications and propose additional or alternate solutions.
• Develop and review technical manuals.
• Work with users and stakeholders to define, analyze, recommend, and implement system improvements.
• Provide functional support to end users on multiple application system modules.
• Assist with integration of various application systems.
• Develop and deliver end user training.
• Create and updateend user documentation.
• Act as a liaison to vendors.
• Participate in professional development activities; attend conferences and workshops.
• Schedule and perform weekly maintenance.
• Respond to after-hours emergencies.
• Manage change control processes as the result of upgrades, patches, customizations and change requests.
• Collaborate with other ITS departments to develop custom solutions, fixes and patches.
• Design scalable solutions to support collaborative operations.
• Prepare a variety of system reports.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Baccalaureate degree required.
• At least three years of related experience required.
• Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Knowledge of relational database management systems.
• Knowledge of process improvement principles.
• Knowledge of project management principles.
• Knowledge of software development lifecycles and approaches.
• Knowledge of functionality testing procedures.
• Knowledge of end user training and support principles.
• Knowledge of database management concepts.
• Knowledge of change management processes.
• Knowledge of database programming and scripting principles.
• Skill in collaborating with multiple constituents.
• Skill in decision making and problem solving.
• Skill in the provision of support to end users.
• Skill in oral and written communication.
• Ability to respond diplomatically to sensitive and critical issues.
• Ability to effectively multi-task.
• Knowledge of and experience with federal and state laws, rules and regulations impacting higher education.
• Knowledge of USG business procedures and best practices.
• Knowledge of Accounts Receivable (Bursar), Admissions, Financial Aid, and Registrar processes and procedures.
• Proficiency in student information systems software (Banner), performance analytics, continuous improvement practices, ITIL, Microsoft Office applications, and other relevant technologies.
• Expertise in composing requirements gathering and specification documentation.
• Skill in reporting and data analysis.
• Skill in managing projects within complex functional and technical systems.
• Experience working in collaborative projects where multiple groups are engaged independently to contribute to overall project goals.
• Experience in managing and carrying out multiple projects and tasks simultaneously to meet deadlines.
• Demonstrated follow-up, coordination, and effective problem resolution skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including tact, diplomacy, and flexibility to work with faculty, executive administrators, staff, students and external stakeholders.
• Excellent organization skills, self-directed, and naturally collaborative in nature for solution design and problem resolution.
• Ability to exhibit a positive, professional, solutions-oriented attitude, a drive for excellence, and ability to be a team player in a pressured and fast-paced environment.
• Ability to apply business knowledge and practical experience to the identification, analysis, root cause and resolution process.
• Ability to follow instructions furnished in verbal and written formats.
• Ability to effectively work in a faced-past environment, and prioritize tasks in alignment with the priorities of the organization.
• Ability to adapt quickly and work in a highly changeable work environment.
• Ability to work independently and in collaborative group settings.
• Ability to communicate efficiently and effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to present information in an engaging, professional and effective manner.